Customary Use and Our 30A Legacy

Discussion in 'Local Government and Groups' started by Reggie Gaskins, Apr 25, 2019.

1. jodiFL

jodiFL Beach Fanatic

@Auburn Fan ....I get updates from FLORIDA BEACHES FOR ALL and have NEVER seen a video of this type posted.

2. Lake View Too

Lake View Too SoWal Insider

What does that got to do with me? I’ve never seen the video and you didn’t do anybody any good by describing it on this site.

3. jodiFL

jodiFL Beach Fanatic

It has nothing to do with you. I was merely assuring Auburn Fan that the video HE/SHE described isnt on any of the FBFA accounts that I get updates from. The description given by that person if FAR WORSE than anything ever posted by anyone on this site or any other site that I have seen FBFA on.

4. Reggie Gaskins

Reggie Gaskins Beach Lover

What Teresa is doing here is new. She has a firm pro CU stand with passion and dedication. Yet there is an open forum for discussion. She doesn’t like the title of this string, she thinks it’s harmful. I think it’s spot on, and am just as convinced if it’s correctness as she is opposed to it. She has complete control to delete it, but has let it play out. THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN ON ANY OTHER SITE CONTROLLED BY CU SUPPORTERS. Hundreds of Beachfront property owners are blocked from the major Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts used for pro CU messaging. The admins of THOSE sites must be afraid of intelligent conversation. Are they afraid of facts being exposed about property law? Who knows. Yet here, we have what could be a flashpoint but for a community leader who wishes to allow adult conversation. That video is hideous. Thank you for supporting its immediate removal. Auburn’s post to me is very factual, exactly the way I read it. To CU supporters, it’s hogwash. Yet, Teresa allows the discussion to continue, hoping for civilized discourse. How refreshing and new.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. Lake View Too

You keep talking about being shut out from other sites on Facebook, Twitter Etc. Why don’t you just start your own site on Facebook. Then you can discuss all you want. No one is stopping you. And nobody is forcing me to listen. Ain’t America grand!

6. Lake View Too

I got mixed up, Jodi. I thought that last comment came from Auburn Fan. Fairly rude for him/her to start this crap.

7. ShallowsNole

ShallowsNole Beach Fanatic

The Sheriff is not demanding signs. The only reason they would require signage is if you are going to be one of the BFOs who demand that those who transverse their sand or - gasp! sit on it, be arrested for trespassing.

If you are going to be a nice BFO and not harass people who use the beach in front of your house, there is no reason to put up a sign.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. Auburn Fan

Auburn Fan Beach Lover

Check out just this afternoon's post on FLORIDA BEACHES FOR ALL Facebook page. Look at the photo carefully.

Now see that same photo was taken by the said video producer and posted on his page earlier today. That's the same page that is still playing that upsetting video. The mere verbal description of that upsetting video should not be the focus here today.

FLORIDA BEACHES FOR ALL founders have personally posted the video producers' inflammatory marked up "public vs private" beach photos on Facebook and Twitter as well as at the last public FBFA meeting. It's all documented fact.

There are quite a few smart people in this forum who are perfectly capable of connecting dots in order to follow who are working closely together.

9. jodiFL

jodiFL Beach Fanatic

What I find amusing is that none of the signs they put up are within the requirements set forth by the statute they quote. That statute is very clear about it but I guess those signs with the 2" bright "international orange" letters are even too ugly for them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  10. FloridaBeachBum

FloridaBeachBum Beach Fanatic

There is a FL statute for posting private property not in a residential area before Walton BBC unconstitutional beach ordiance. But it amazes me at the ignorance and misinformation people post. Does not give much them much credibility.
    Read Walton Ordnance 2019-05. A result of a 2017 UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT NORTHERN DISTRICT OF FLORIDA PENSACOLA DIVISION finding the previous ordinance "... facially unconstitutional in violation of the First Amendment and are stricken." Costing Walton tax payers $185,000 in private beachfront owner legal fees as I recall from BCC minutes.

Last edited: May 7, 2019
  11. FloridaBeachBum

Data? Evidence? Just typing the word Fact does not make it a fact. Just an unsupported opinion.

Last edited: May 7, 2019
  12. Jim Tucker

Jim Tucker Beach Fanatic

Stick to the issue and do not attack fellow forum members. That will get you banned.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. Auburn Fan

Auburn Fan Beach Lover

No attack was made whatsoever. Just pointing out the situational discrepancy of stalking opinions. And the issue was actually introduced by the moderator. So it seemed a fair reply. But I did edit my original question wording as a courtesy to you.

14. steel1man

steel1man Beach Fanatic

President in PCB on Wednesday could possibly stumble into a government (Walton County) boondoggle.....let’s hope....Make Walton Great Again...

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  15. Reggie Gaskins

I’m not a member or motivated by any “group”. I have researched this topic deeply because of my love for our Sowal style of life. I look in every corner for disfunction and then directly address the root cause. I’ve addressed fact after fact here, as have others (with whom I’ve never before communicated).
    Quiet Title myth
    Privatization of beaches myth
    Taxation myth
    HB 631 myth
    Stalking of private beach owners
    False reporting of beach conflicts
    Terroristic propaganda
    These facts are supported by printed law, property deeds, public social media posts, even police reports. And yet, after 130 posts, not a SINGLE discussion refuting any of these facts or myths presented here NOT ONE! But we’ve seen a lot of name calling, distraction, diversion, talking points, and now a double standard of stalking. If stalking were cause from being banned from local pages, forums, sites, groups, whatever, then the entire membership of FBFA would be banned for such behavior - FACT! NOT OPINION! Just flip through their misinformation pages. You’ll see pictures identifying private homes , names, addresses, tax records, employers, just like you saw here on this forum on me by their chairman. Instead, hundreds of people are silenced from participation because of their property ownership.
    Where can one go to have an adult conversation in this county with real discussion, not make believe property envy and English Colonial Law fantasies?

Last edited: May 8, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  16. FloridaBeachBum

Anti-Social Media

How Social Media And Mob Mentality Are Killing Our Ability To Think Critically
    By A.Y. Greyson, November 8th 2017
    A study by Leeds University has shown that it takes just “five percent of people to influence a crowd, while the other ninety-five percent follow without realizing it”.
    Or thinking critically with data on their own. CUnCourt I guess.

Social Media And The Mob Mentality: How We Can Fight It
    Feb 1, 2019, 06:40pm Jeanne Croteau social sciences professor and writer.
    Considering what we’ve already discussed, here are some things you can do right now to keep [your] mob mentality in check:

1. Take your time and think through your responses before commenting, tweeting or texting. Don’t reply if you’re feeling pressured, stressed or disconnected.
    2. Do your research before forming an opinion and be open to additional information that comes your way.
    3. Get comfortable with standing out, even if that means standing alone.
    4. Stop ignoring bullies. As Luna Lovegood said to Harry Potter, our enemies want us “to feel cut off from everyone else, because if it’s just you alone, you’re not much of a threat.” Which bully? One person's bully is another person's advocate here.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  17. BeachSandpiper

BeachSandpiper Beach Comber

Well said, Reggie! There seems to be a huge double standard. If anyone against customary use made and posted such a violent video on several social media platforms, the sheriff would be knocking on our doors, and there would be a huge out cry with demands to remove the video. Yet there is only silence or alot of likes from the pro CU crowd. Teresa is the only one who jas demanded the video be removed. But it’s still posted, and no one has commented on her demand on the videographer’s facebook page. Double standard indeed.

18. Lake View Too

How about with the County Attorney? How about presenting your case in a court of law where this will be settled? Everybody but you knows that no one's opinion is ever changed from an online discussion. That's the primary reason I use words like "bloviating" and "badgering". I'll say it one more time, just to make sure you comprehend: Everybody but you knows that no one's opinion is ever changed from an online discussion.

19. FloridaBeachBum

Don't forget Dave Rauschkolb's 11/14/2018 [retaliatory IMO] Walton Sheriff Police Report, Case: 2018-00167899, that people called Dave names and "felt threatened by some posts" against James Lince that was dismissed by the State Attorney's Office. I think SoWal removed the Sheriff's report posted previously but is on the internet.

Ignore Lake View Too. Emotional opinion. LV2 knows everyone's opinions? Does not disputing the facts presented, so shout 'em down mentality. CUnCourt.

20. Reggie Gaskins

LV2, was that your white flag at not having a position that can be supported? If Your competitor moved in next door and publicly misinformed your customers through social media campaigns full of propaganda - that you were blocked from - that destroyed your business, Would you lay down and wait 5 years for a court case to be settled? Or would you at least lay out the facts publicly that correct the misinformation out there, and protect your way of life? Think carefully.