Dear 30A Cycling Enthusiasts...........

Discussion in 'All About SoWal' started by tutic1971, Jul 11, 2013.

1. homeboy

homeboy Beach Lover

What a totally ludicrous post. You have no clue.

2. homeboy

homeboy Beach Lover

It's only dangerous when drivers of 2 plus ton pieces of machinery disregard the rules of the road. IF you obey the rules of the road and give bikers the legal margin, then there would be no danger to anyone.

3. homeboy

homeboy Beach Lover

Posers??? Sounds like someone that's jealous of folks that actually work hard to stay fit and healthy.

4. BeachRob

BeachRob Beach Lover

I think it's actually spelled "poseur."

You would think, with Tiger Woods tearing his knee and Lance Armstrong being banned for life, that these ├╝ber fads (mass affluent golf and silly cycling) would go down in flames. I guess I forgot to consider the shelf life of the equipment owned.

Jazzercise. "Just Do It."

5. kitabear

kitabear Beach Comber

I can understand that for there own safety and others, they can ride on the bike path. I do believe however that the main issue is that the shoulder of the roads need to be widened to accommodate cyclists better. As far as the next statement goes, it is not a broad definition of every bike rider but only some bike rider. It is very frustrating when 3-4 bike riders are riding side by side because it does make it a little more difficult to pass. The main thing that is frustrating is that I do understand the bike laws and I get frustrated when vehicles and bikers do not obey those laws. I truly believe the best way for there to be a resolution is to widen the road. As far as that goes, that would even help when an ambulance or fire truck come through and you need to pull over to get out of the way. As of right now there really isn't enough room on the road to do so. It is no fun to pull off the road into the grass and either get stuck because of all the rain or get a flat tire because there are nails and such in the grass.

6. Truman

Truman Beach Fanatic

Facts:
    Drivers should slow down.
    Riders have rights.
    Healthy is good.

Overriding fatc:
    County Road 30A is beautiful but narrow and congested, with rubbernecking tourists and angry locals. If you're not very smart, you might desire to bike it. To avoid biking it is common sense.

Don't be a 30ahole - find a less busy place to don the spandex.

7. MRBS

MRBS Beach Lover

Yes, add a Bike Lane!

Adding a bike lane to 30-A is a GRAYT idea. Just returned from SoWal. Lovely trip. Cycling always a big part of activities. Rode alone - on edge of 30-A as the pedestrian path was populated by walkers, joggers, joggers with strollers, beach bikes, golf carts. Also the path was covered over in sand in many spots. Sorry to report that some automobile drivers there were just plain hostile, slamming on the horn all the way by and some offering the one finger salute.