• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
irish9697 said:
We arrive on the 16th at Seashore Village, that's the east side of Seagrove, just before the 30A/Eastern Lake Road turn. Any idea on the best beach access for us? Will we need to drive to Seaside? And, if we did that, would they let us on there? Might there be something closer? I am more familiar with western Seagrove/Seaside than the east side.

I am so excited, though! We were there in May but since we knew we were coming back in July, we didn't say our proper "goodbye for a year" to the area...so, I'm dying for The Seagrove Village Market Cafe, Goatfeather's, Shades, Pickles, bike rides, long walks on the path, the Red Bar...

I will continue checking this site, Seaside's site, and the TDC's site, but any help would be greatly appreciated!

By the way, I am thrilled at Emily's supposed path. Don't get me wrong, I adore the Yucatan Peninsula, but I am just so thrilled that she's supposedly not headed this way. I hope she dies out quickly and causes minimal harm. Statistically, I know we should be safe for a while, but obviously Dennis proved those statistics wrong...

For the next couple of weeks I feel pretty sure that access will be limited to walk on spots. Except for the private walkovers that had relatively minor damage and/or can move quickly with materials and labor.

After Ivan, people made their own accesses by climbing down a few feet or more, or cutting through beside accesses, etc. Seaside should be fine as they are pretty laid back and have never been harsh with visitors, whether you're staying there or not.

The accesses at Fort Panic in Dune Allen and Ed Walline in Santa Rosa Beach have plenty of parking and are walk on beside the walkover.

Don't forget about the State parks.

PrincessKel

Beach Comber
Jul 10, 2005
Tennessee
We are staying in West Seagrove, 1 block from Seaside... where is the best/safest beach access :dunno:
So very excited to be there on Saturday!! :clap_1:

Thanks for all the great information everyone has provided.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
PrincessKel said:
We are staying in West Seagrove, 1 block from Seaside... where is the best/safest beach access :dunno:
So very excited to be there on Saturday!! :clap_1:

Thanks for all the great information everyone has provided.

At Seaside behind Roly Poly if you want to walk or bike, otherwise there will be several you can drive to.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Open Public Beach Access Points as of 7/13/05:
  • Inlet Beach Drive (one block east of Orange St.)
  • Lakewood
  • Sugar Dunes
  • Grayton
  • Ed Walline
  • Dune Allen
  • Walton Lake Shore Dr. ( Eastern Lake)
WHAT NOW?

Access to the beach:

Since one of the biggest concerns is access to the beach, the TDC is approaching an existing contractor to expedite repairs to dune walkovers. Regional beach accesses will be repaired first. Repairs will be limited to stairs only. ADA ramps can not be repaired at this time due to the extensive vertical erosion, which prohibits construction. Miramar Beach Access will not be rebuilt until after the upcoming renourishment project slated to begin this fall.

In the meantime, we will be directing visitors and residents to accesses that do no require a walkover to reach the beach including Grayton, Ed Walline, Dune Allen, and Walton Lake Shore Drive at Eastern Lake.

We understand this is not an ideal scenario, however, living in a coastal community we must be prepared for the impacts of Mother Nature. We ask for your support in guiding visitors to appropriate beach accesses, while we work diligently to repair walkovers.

PrincessKel

Beach Comber
Jul 10, 2005
Tennessee
kurt said:
At Seaside behind Roly Poly if you want to walk or bike, otherwise there will be several you can drive to.
:D Thanks so much! We know exactly where the Roly Poly is. I am SOOOOOO excited!

bennifer

Beach Lover
Jul 6, 2005
PrincessKel said:
:D Thanks so much! We know exactly where the Roly Poly is. I am SOOOOOO excited!
The shape I am in I feel like a "roly poly" :rotfl: so that will be easy to remember.

Princesskel and I will be the ones with the bigges grins as well!
SEAPRIZE! Jen

beachma

Beach Lover
Apr 22, 2005
Is there a map of Seagrove that shows the beach accesses by name...even after 15 years of trips to the area...we still get confused! :dunno:

physes

Beach Comber
Jun 15, 2005
Nashville
I read somewhere on this board that Seaside security had said that only Seaside owners and registered guests will be able to use the Seaside access?
Does anyone know if that it so. :dunno:

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
physes said:
I read somewhere on this board that Seaside security had said that only Seaside owners and registered guests will be able to use the Seaside access?
Does anyone know if that it so. :dunno:

I've heard that the one beach access behind Roly Poly is officially a public access, but that's only by rumor. Perhaps some of the locals can clarify this.

Status
Not open for further replies.