• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.
kurt said:
The water is looking good. No change on flag conditions.
Are the beaches and the Gulf clean enough for someone with a compromised immune system, such as someone with CMV? Someone I know with CMV is coming down next week and staying off Eastern Lake Road. I've heard there were septic tanks exposed in that area due to the severe damage to the beachfront properties there.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Beach Runner said:
Are the beaches and the Gulf clean enough for someone with a compromised immune system, such as someone with CMV? Someone I know with CMV is coming down next week and staying off Eastern Lake Road. I've heard there were septic tanks exposed in that area due to the severe damage to the beachfront properties there.

All the water along the beaches has tested "good", which means no (normal levels) of bacteria. And - the Eatsern Lake outfall is closed to the Gulf now so there is no runoff anyhow.

Water Sampling Results

Last edited:

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Seaside access at Roly Poly is no longer closed to the general public.

Eastern Lake access (on the east side of the outfall) has steps now and the outfall has been moved to the east by digging a new trough and piling up sand. It is easy to get to the beach there.

Makeshift steps have been erected at One Seagrove access.

Photos to come.

taylorj

Beach Crab
Jul 16, 2005
Troy, AL
I am interested in Ramsgate at Camp Creek by Pelican Circle. Is that access open?

beachma

Beach Lover
Apr 22, 2005
:clap_1: Thanks Kurt...I was going to ask about some recent photos. When you refer to the One Seagrove access...is that a public/neighborhood access or a private one for OSP?

kurt said:

Eastern Lake access (on the east side of the outfall) has steps now and the outfall has been moved to the east by digging a new trough and piling up sand. It is easy to get to the beach there.

Photos to come.

Apr 16, 2005
Buckeye Country
kurt said:

Photos to come.

Is this near Beachwood Villas? We will be arriving in a few weeks. We don't mind driving to a beach access since that was the plan anyway as we are not staying on the beach. Grayton is on our favorite places so we plan on a couple of beach days there. Looking forward to more pics!

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
beachma said:
:clap_1: Thanks Kurt...I was going to ask about some recent photos. When you refer to the One Seagrove access...is that a public/neighborhood access or a private one for OSP?

Public - OSP has not repaired their own.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Ocean Lover said:
Is this near Beachwood Villas? We will be arriving in a few weeks. We don't mind driving to a beach access since that was the plan anyway as we are not staying on the beach. Grayton is on our favorite places so we plan on a couple of beach days there. Looking forward to more pics!

One Seagrove is near beachwood Villas although there may be one closer. It seems a lot of Walkovers are being pieced together. People are finding ways to get on the beach. :clap_1:

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Just_In_Thyme said:
What prompted Seaside to change their minds? Being a good neighbor or $$$?

My guess would be they were concerned about a flood of people. But it looks like people are spreading out and finding ways to get to the beach.

Status
Not open for further replies.