• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

The Watcher

Beach Fanatic
Jul 5, 2007
Exactly what laws was it that I stated I would enforce that you refer to? I never stated that I would require a deputy to reside within the county. Quote: "As far as deputies being hired who live outside the county or the state, this would have to be part of their hiring, but of course everyone who is now hired in these situations would have to be "grandfathered" in. My personal beliefs are that all deputies who work for the county should live in the county, but there again there is always the exception to the rule, and each will be dealt with on an individual basis." (See post #38). You are right, no one can force someone to live in the county they work for! Also note; no one is forced to hire someone they feel is not qualified.

I can assure you I have no intention of misleading anyone.

Dennis Wise

MAKE THE WISE CHOICE YOUR CHOICE

This is what I (and others) like about you. You responded promptly, in an educated fashion and you remember what you ORIGINALLY said. Thank you for putting this to rest. This poster can go on with their agenda north of the bay...

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
This is what I (and others) like about you. You responded promptly, in an educated fashion and you remember what you ORIGINALLY said. Thank you for putting this to rest. This poster can go on with their agenda north of the bay...

I just would like Topper to tell us what the FS is that would be violated. I can not find it, or imagine such a statute being written and enacted. I thought Florida was a work at will State. The will of the employer.

How do you know this person is from north of the bay? Why not ask the candidates, particularly Mr. Wise, how he intends to pay for all the programs he wants to add? What is his position on the antics of the current sheriff regarding finances and would he promise to reverse some of this wasteful spending for things like driving ranges and jump towers? How will he protect the taxpayers? Seems the only "gang" after most of us is the tax collector and Mr. Wise apparently wants to spend even more.
:dunno:

Dennis Wise

Beach Lover
Nov 15, 2006
How do you know this person is from north of the bay? Why not ask the candidates, particularly Mr. Wise, how he intends to pay for all the programs he wants to add? What is his position on the antics of the current sheriff regarding finances and would he promise to reverse some of this wasteful spending for things like driving ranges and jump towers? How will he protect the taxpayers? Seems the only "gang" after most of us is the tax collector and Mr. Wise apparently wants to spend even more.
:dunno:
As a candidate, I would like to respond to your question. Quote: "Implementing the above will be of minimal costs, as most of the programs will be volunteers and deputies being reassigned to these programs. Also the service/protection to the people of Walton Co. will be increased considerably." (Please see my number 1 post detailing the programs I intend to instate).

As for your second question, one reason I am running for sheriff is to end all such wasteful spending within the Office of the Sheriff, and keep the tax collector away from your pocket. There are ways and means of obtaining necessary items such as grants, forfeitures, etc. As your sheriff, I will endeavor to keep costs down and provide the best service I can to the citizens of Walton Co.

Thank you for your question,

Dennis Wise

As a candidate, I would like to respond to your question. Quote: "Implementing the above will be of minimal costs, as most of the programs will be volunteers and deputies being reassigned to these programs. Also the service/protection to the people of Walton Co. will be increased considerably." (Please see my number 1 post detailing the programs I intend to instate).

As for your second question, one reason I am running for sheriff is to end all such wasteful spending within the Office of the Sheriff, and keep the tax collector away from your pocket. There are ways and means of obtaining necessary items such as grants, forfeitures, etc. As your sheriff, I will endeavor to keep costs down and provide the best service I can to the citizens of Walton Co.

Thank you for your question,

Dennis Wise

Thanks for the prompt reply. Since everyone knows the current sheriff is unelectable without a miracle, please tell us your feelings about other potential candidates and why you are the better choice. Specifically, Mike Adkinson, Jimmy Macon, Rick Brown, and those named elsewhere ( Sunday, Griffiths, Sconiers and Bell) Another question, do you think the sheriff has too many deputies, the right number or not enough? thanks.:clap:

Dennis Wise

Beach Lover
Nov 15, 2006
Thanks for the prompt reply. Since everyone knows the current sheriff is unelectable without a miracle, please tell us your feelings about other potential candidates and why you are the better choice. Specifically, Mike Adkinson, Jimmy Macon, Rick Brown, and those named elsewhere ( Sunday, Griffiths, Sconiers and Bell) Another question, do you think the sheriff has too many deputies, the right number or not enough? thanks.:clap:
I do not feel it is my place to discuss other candidates, but I can assure you that I am the best candidate for the office. As I am not privy to the information about how many deputies the sheriff has been budgeted for, and I have no way of knowing the amount of deputies employed at this time, I cannot honestly say if it is the right number or not. Perhaps a question for Johnson as he is the one that should be able to answer. Remember that an independent study was done by the county to enable both the County Commissioners and the Sheriff's Office to be made aware of the required amount of deputies to be able to properly perform their duties for this size county. I do know that two very good investigators are no longer a part of the number, nor if they have been replaced. The loss of their talent was a loss to all the citizens of Walton Co.

Thank you,

Dennis Wise

BIGDOG

Banned
Feb 10, 2008
I do not feel it is my place to discuss other candidates, but I can assure you that I am the best candidate for the office. As I am not privy to the information about how many deputies the sheriff has been budgeted for, and I have no way of knowing the amount of deputies employed at this time, I cannot honestly say if it is the right number or not. Perhaps a question for Johnson as he is the one that should be able to answer. Remember that an independent study was done by the county to enable both the County Commissioners and the Sheriff's Office to be made aware of the required amount of deputies to be able to properly perform their duties for this size county. I do know that two very good investigators are no longer a part of the number, nor if they have been replaced. The loss of their talent was a loss to all the citizens of Walton Co.

Thank you,

Dennis Wise

Thanks for always taking the highroad and not getting stuck in the quagmire of corrupt Walton politics. You are quickly gaining my respect.

poligams

Beach Crab
Jun 18, 2008
Thank you for your questions! I will try to answer all to the best of my ability, beginning with how I intend to bring Walton Co. Sheriff's Office into a progressive law enforcement agency. My first steps will be: Implement the units and programs I posted earlier. This in itself will break the stagnant administrative policies that are now in effect. A major move also is the training of all employees, both LEO's and civilians, to integrate them into a progressive law enforcement office; thus leading to the best service to the citizens/visitors of Walton Co.

Second question pertaining to staff personnel: My staff administration will consist of qualified law enforcement and administrators. As for those you refer to as relics, each of them will be re-trained for their assigned duties, as I believe every deputy should be given the chance to reach his/her full potential. Blood baths after elections are typical, and I intend to break that cycle. If the deputy is untrainable, they will no longer hold their position; their choice not mine. The officers I worked with in WCSO, were never given the opportunity to get the training (which was available and needed) to advance to their full potential. They deserve a chance to prove themselves. I can assure you there will be NO DEAD-WEIGHT in the Office of the Sheriff, with me as your sheriff.

Second part of second question: The two fired pregnant investigators. If the law suit pertaining to these women has not been resolved by Jan. 1, 2009, as sheriff, I will instruct the Sheriff's Office attorney to quickly resolve this matter and re-instate the two officers immediately. The current sheriff erred and a court of law will bear this out. Unfortunately it will be the people of Walton Co. who will bear the financial burden of this egregious error. This type action would never be taken by me as sheriff , because I do not feel it is right to punish a woman for being pregnant. Remember, "they work for a living, they don't live to work." I had the pleasure of working with both these women and know them to be dedicated individuals.

Your third question re "Outrageous Occurrences": My plan of action to prevent these outrageous occurrences from ever happening again, is to have an active Internal Affairs Unit. Supervisors will actively oversee subordinates assigned to his/her unit. Each supervisor will know what each and every deputy is doing at all times. Each and every supervisor and deputy will be following policies and procedures in effect. Every member of WCSO will be held responsible for their action or (lack thereof). Disciplinary action will be taken on a case by case basis through the Internal Affairs Unit. As stated before, I want to restore the integrity of the Walton Co. Sheriff's Office, and would like the input of the citizens of Walton Co. as to the interactions between them and the deputies and or dispatchers, be it positive or negative. A negative response will automatically be handled by the IA Unit.

I hope I have answered your questions and concerns adequately, and if you have any other questions or comments, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you for reading my book, and I am glad you found it a nice read. I hope you got an understanding of the kind of person I am, and understand why the title is "Honor" Above All Else...Removing the Veil of Secrecy. My intent for writing the book was to shed light on agencies that are less than stellar, and hopefully prevent these and other unprofessional type situations from becoming the norm and or overlooked. Keep in mind, "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

Again, thank you for your questions, and if I can be of further assist, please do not hesitate to inquire.

Dennis Wise

Hi Dennis,

If you have a moment, would you kindly e-mail me at either:
sam0444@yahoo.com or samuelgam@miamibeachfl.gov.
The private e-mail is preferable since I am retiring from
the Miami Beach PD in a week. I believe I know you. I
stumbled upon your website while I was researching
new police jobs in North Florida. Thank you sir.

Samuel Gam, Miami, Fla

Seeker1

Beach Lover
Jun 12, 2008
kwik question

Was it you that originated or held an office some sort of association related to law enforcement? thanks.

Dennis Wise

Beach Lover
Nov 15, 2006
Was it you that originated or held an office some sort of association related to law enforcement? thanks.
I am presently the National President of the American Federation of Police and Concerned Citizens. I am also the founder of the 'Vests for Life' program. If you would like to check out my organization, the website address is www.aphf.org

Thank you for your interest.