• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

princepesa

Beach Comber
Jul 19, 2008
Did anyone review the list of campaign donors for Dst. 5 candidate Bob Hudson? Big developers, outside influencers, and beach dwellers who want the beaches closed. This should tell everyone where he will stand on most issues. Follow the money. Just go to the Walton County Supervisor of Elections web site and look at candidate contributor lists.:cry:

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
I don't think this is a fair post without YOU listing the donors you are talking about, the amounts they donated, and why you think they are the wrong kind of donors.

graytonbeachguy

Beach Fanatic
Jun 14, 2008
I agree, Princepesa, that the source of campaign financing can be an important issue. But, as Kurt said, to which contributors are you referring?

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
I believe someone has posted a link to a page that shows contributions to all candidates. I would appreciate it if someone could post the link again.

I've scanned through the lists and it is ironic and interesting that the same names keep showing up in race after race.:yikes:It is like these groups/individuals have coordinated among themselves to back a certain list of candidates.:dunno: I prefer to vote for those who are funded by diverse individuals instead of the same old group.:clap:Look through the list and draw your own conclusions.:D In one or two races I have just changed my mind due who contributed to which campaign. :D

Bob Hudson

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
i scan this forum daily to keep a hand on the pulse of the '08 Campaign, but have refrained from injecting my personal viewpoint on many topics. I find this post to be based on a perspective that is shared by some and that some will disagree with.

First and foremost I would like to say that individuals choose a candidate to support for many reasons. For most it is because they share a majority of the same viewpoint on issues - very rarely does one agree 100% - some contribute because they are asked by a business associate and some seeking an audience on "their issue".

When I made the decision to enter this race I made certain decisions that will not waiver and not change. First and foremost I share with each potential contributor my background and my vision. I then listen to their ideas thoughts and suggestions - sometimes I decided there is a good match and ask them for their support - sometimes I simply say "You have my email and phone number - if you have questions please feel free to contact me.

My support comes from Taxpayers ! They are scattered throughout the County, surronding counties and neighboring states - they are lawyers, doctors, teachers, retirees and yes some of them are in the building industry.

Those that have been cast in a questionable shadow deserve and will receive my support of their belief in my campaign.

Please compare the "full public disclosure" referenced in the post above and then match it to the membership of the Walton County Taxpayers Association membership and you will find the real reason for their support. They believe that I will continue to be an advocate for keeping property taxes as low as possible while meeting the health, safety and welfare needs of the citizens of Walton County. They believe in Bob Hudson and have given generously in an effort to place a fiscally conservative person in office. Plain and simple. They have no more influence or audience than anyone else.

I have refused contributions and will continue to do so when it is the ethical thing to do.

Vote for Robert 'Bob' Hudson !

Last edited:

graytonbeachguy

Beach Fanatic
Jun 14, 2008
Idlewild, I agree that the identity of campaign contributors can provide important insight into a candidate's campaign. I wish everyone would examine the contribution reports as you have. The people who support a candidate can give a true reflection on the candidate's support base.

That being said, it seems like most of Hudson's contributors are linked to his quixotic crusade in Driftwood. Actually seems rather one-dimensional to me.