• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
Apparently an eyewitness said they were removing some of the red soil (natural soil found beneath dunes) from beneath the dunes at the retreat, trucking it to Grayton access, blending it with white sand, and then sending it back to the retreat.

"We got Mother Nature on the run in the 1970s"
Neil Young

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
I have a list of all the owners in The Retreat if anyone has a plan. I was hoping to find at least one name on there that I recognized so I could try and get a property owner's side.

This has really upset me.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
I have a list of all the owners in The Retreat if anyone has a plan. I was hoping to find at least one name on there that I recognized so I could try and get a property owner's side.

This has really upset me.
There is a place you might be familiar with where politics are discussed over drinks. Might you share it there?

Beauty hunter

Beach Fanatic
May 3, 2009
WTF!!! All I can say is this is the grossest photo in a very large collection of gross photos.

i took the liberty of blowing up the letters for those with poor vision

:evil: for real

looks like a good front page pic for the Walton Sun...

what are they thinkin :whitetrash:

NipTuck

Beach Comber
Jul 13, 2005
Athens,Ga
Stop Work

There is a Stop Work Order sign posted in the pile of brown sand at the entrance to Grayton Beach. It was issued by Walton County at 3:15 this afternoon. Anyone know what is going on?:clap:

Rita

margarita brocolia
Dec 1, 2004
Dune Allen Beach
There is a Stop Work Order sign posted in the pile of brown sand at the entrance to Grayton Beach. It was issued by Walton County at 3:15 this afternoon. Anyone know what is going on?:clap:

People power! Powerful photos! Thanks to any and all who are making efforts to get to the bottom of this and get it stopped.

imo - if they want to fill their geotubes, they can carry it in by the shovel or wheel barrel. Just leave the beach ecosystem alone!

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
The stop work order is a much needed thing until this issue is resolved satisfactorily for all concerned. I am presently at M.D. Anderson and my wife is about to undergo a very exacting gamma knife procedure. I cannot express how strongly we both feel after seeing the beach in front of our condominium complex.I would really like to see this work out for all concerned but the rape of over three miles of beach has got to stop!