• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Favorite cake

New posts
kathydwells said:
My aunt alway's and I do mean alway's had a Sock-It-To-Me cake on her counter. She made it about every 3 days. It is made in a bundt pan, it is sort of like a round pound cake, with a cinnamon sugar swirl in the middle. It is so yummy!!!!!

I have a recipe for one like this- let me go find it. Easy and awesome! Great for late night snack and/or breakfast.
 
What about penis cake? :idontno:
 
kathydwells said:
My aunt alway's and I do mean alway's had a Sock-It-To-Me cake on her counter. She made it about every 3 days. It is made in a bundt pan, it is sort of like a round pound cake, with a cinnamon sugar swirl in the middle. It is so yummy!!!!!

I remember this cake, Darlene! It was sooo good!
 
iwishiwasthere said:
I have been home tooooooooooo long...too many cooking shows. What is your favorite cake? I love a flourless chocolate, a lemon and most versions of cheesecake. Really there are not many cakes I do not like. :lol:

I :wub: the flourless chocolate also!
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love this new forum Kurt! What a great idea!
I read BR lemon vinagrette recipe...so simple..I am sure it is good....
This forum is right up my alli ( ) I think using it to scope out resturants in cities is a great idea..Like when I go to some new city...I can ask if any one has been there and where to eat...
I love recipes!!!
BTW would the penis cake be included in this forum??
LOL...I mentioned "the cake" in the "I Love This" thread :floor:
My favorite cake...I have a recipe for a chocolate hazelnut torte that is to die for...I love Margarita Cheese Cake, coconut cake...and a sinfully EASY dump cake!! ( I make this for the sorority house often...and it is soooo darn good and easy!!) It is like a peach (bluberry...or mixed fruit) cobbler...with no fuss no muss...you literally DUMP the ingredients in a bake pan!!!! :wub:...I just remembered another favorite...a lemon-ginger cake :lolabove:
 
Happy Valentine's Day!:wub:


Here is a super simple yummy cake recipe- lots of cinnamon streusel. Great to bake and freeze too.

2 C graham cracker crumbs 1 pkg. yellow cake mix
3/4 C brown sugar 1 C water
1 !/4 tsp cinnamon 1/4 C veg oil
3/4 C melted butter (real!) 3 eggs

Oven: 350 Grease a tube pan

Mix crumbs, brown sugar, cinnamon, and butter, set aside.

Blend cake mix, water, oil, eggs on low speed til moistened- about 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 3 minutes. (Pink Cuisinarts will work fine here)

Pour 1/2 batter into pan. Sprinkle with 1/2 of crumb mixture. Spread remaining batter over crumbs, top that with remaining crumb mixture.

Bake 40-45 minutes.

Glaze- 1 C powdered sugar mixed w/ 2 Tbl. water and drizzle over cake. Would be good with a cream cheese icing, or add cinnamon to the glaze.
 
Red Velvet Cake!!! My mom makes it for me every year on my birthday. I think the icing is made with butter. Good thing I only eat it once a year! :shock: YUMMY! :biggrin:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top