• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Who has the best pizza in South Walton

• Spicy Noodle

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Angelina's

Votes: 12 7.7%
  • Bruno's

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Pizza By the Sea

Votes: 74 47.7%
  • Sugar Pies

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Fat Daddy's

Votes: 14 9.0%
  • Enzo's

Votes: 21 13.5%
  • Amore

Votes: 12 7.7%
  • Carabba's

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fat Clemenza's

Votes: 19 12.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Thanks for the report , Geo! Did you ask why they are calling their restaurant the Pickle Factory? Inquiring minds would like to know!

Green Knight

Beach Lover
Apr 30, 2009
Restaurant Business is tough enough to begin with in this day and age so it is quite curious why a Pizza Place would have a name like that...confusion of customers is not the way to start a successful place..Certainly is not going to help drive your walk in business either..that would be like me opening a Mexican Restaurant and calling it The Snow Cone Shop

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
Restaurant Business is tough enough to begin with in this day and age so it is quite curious why a Pizza Place would have a name like that...confusion of customers is not the way to start a successful place..Certainly is not going to help drive your walk in business either..that would be like me opening a Mexican Restaurant and calling it The Snow Cone Shop

Be good and better then everyone and they will find you no matter what you name it. Stinkys? Red bar? Shortys? The fact people are talking about the name tells me it is already working.... The odd name made me want to try it out. I was beyond impressed. I also think he will let the Pizza do the talking not the name. If you know the Fehr family you will learn they tend to be good at whatever they do.

avalon

Beach Fanatic
Apr 21, 2008
Seagrove
I am thinking "Pickles" at Seaside can not be happy about the name. Glad to hear the favorable reviews, we will give the pizza a try.

gmarc

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2009
I ate there today. the waitress was slow and awful. i ordered a salad and she forgot and i had to remind her 10 minutes later.she was day dreaming and doing nothing(ironically they have a waitress wanted sign on the door). The pizza was very good and is similiar to pizza bars.Owners seemed very nice and kep asking people if they liked the pizza.I asked the younger owner why the name and he said his older partner had pickles factory pizza store in bangkok.As bobby said the place is very very small and as far as tables theres only 2 tables and a sofa with a table. theres probably about 10 seats at 2 bar type setups.It was also very hot in the restaurant as the oven overwhelms the small area.I forsee it as local hangout as its just far to small for many tourists to use it.I hope they make it threw the slow winter as they have a good product.

Last edited by a moderator:

rdelong43065

Beach Fanatic
May 28, 2007
Seagrove
I picked up a take-out pizza today after work and I am very impressed. The place looks very comfortable inside and there a few tables out side as well. I really like the pizza. Just had a regular pie with extra cheese. The crust is nice and thin and chewy. just how I like it. The sauce has a little bit of spice in it. Not hot, but you can tell. I ate the whole thing all at once. I didn't even leave crumbs in the box! The price was very good. A 12-inch pie with the extra cheese was just over 10 bucks. I'll be going back again and again and again.

Grayton Girl

Beach Fanatic
Jul 5, 2005
Sowal
Yummy Pizza!

After spending the day yesterday working out in the yard and doing other spring cleaning type chores, we decided that we just couldn't cook dinner. We were lamenting where to eat and trying to think of some place that wouldn't be just full to the brim with tourists when I recalled the the wonderful reviews of the Pickle Factory. Thanks to Geo and Bobby J, our family decided to try this new place, and boy, were we ever happy.

Now we have some great pizza around here, but the pizza at the Pickle Factory was about the best we have had in awhile. Mr. Grayton Girl absolutely LOVED it. Here's why:

The pizza was so good. The crust is thin and crispy and hot. We had the Prawn Pizza and also the Italian Pizza and both were delicious. There were many large shrimp on the Prawn Pizza and it came with lots of fresh basil and garlic. Tasty. My son and husband enjoyed the classic Italian. Everything was incredibly fresh and the crust was perfect!

Additionally, the transformation of the Thai Cafe is amazing. The owners have actually turned this take-out place into a little restaurant with very pleasing decor. It is very small, but there were probably 3 different seating areas that would satisfy 3 large groups and there is seating at the bar (where we chose to sit). The art is interesting and the walls are a nice green, I think. The place has a very warm and cozy feel.

Jeff #1 and Jeff #2, the owners, were accommodating and nice. Jeff #1 had a pizza place of the same name in Bangkok, Thailand.

The ovens were working and it was a little warm inside, but not enough to bother us at all. We are really looking forward to going back. It's a real find.