• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Who has the best pizza in South Walton

• Spicy Noodle

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Angelina's

Votes: 12 7.7%
  • Bruno's

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Pizza By the Sea

Votes: 74 47.7%
  • Sugar Pies

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Fat Daddy's

Votes: 14 9.0%
  • Enzo's

Votes: 21 13.5%
  • Amore

Votes: 12 7.7%
  • Carabba's

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fat Clemenza's

Votes: 19 12.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BeachbumAggie

Beach Fanatic
Jun 6, 2008
Arlington, TX
We had Pizza Bar tonight; we enjoyed the focaccia to start then the proscuitto pizza. Hubby and I agreed that it was nice to have another good pizza option in the central part of 30A. We really like their red metal chairs, too-very cute!!

robertsondavies

Beach Fanatic
Apr 16, 2006
Love the passion/travel poured into the Pizza Bar - so am entitled one criticism of opinion concerning seating. The seating on the beach side looks chic, but could not be more uncomfortable. Maybe that is by design to promote table turnover, and if so I understand although for the other hours when you want folks to linger over another montepulciano or chianti it is a downer
Posted via Mobile Device

bluemtnrunner

Beach Fanatic
Dec 31, 2007
Love the passion/travel poured into the Pizza Bar - so am entitled one criticism of opinion concerning seating. The seating on the beach side looks chic, but could not be more uncomfortable. Maybe that is by design to promote table turnover, and if so I understand although for the other hours when you want folks to linger over another montepulciano or chianti it is a downer
Posted via Mobile Device

I can understand that criticism. I think it is designed to promote kicking your feet up and moving to a more laid back position. Definitely very comfortable once you have a couple of cocktails or a bottle of champagne and platter of sardines and cheeses and meats. :love: I'm so in love with Pizza Bar!

Geo

Beach Fanatic
Dec 24, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Pickle Factory- Review (don't be fooled by the name)

Last night for the first time in a while I went to the gym. Great workout. As I walked out of the gym I ran into Bobby J in the parking lot. He had just finished eating at The Pickle Factory and had rave reviews about the pizza. I was so intrigued by his impromptu (and unprompted) review that I decided to take the kids and a group there tonight. The short of it is- Bobby J was right. Sowallers- this place is GRAYT!

The moment you walk in the front double doors everything just feels right- the lighting, the music, the layout, the smells. Visible from the front door and the whole restaurant is their large pizza oven. It is quite handsome too. It really cozies up the place that their "kitchen" is right there out in the open for everyone to see. They really made the most of the space. There is a large dining table to accomodate a big group (we put all our kids at this table), a few couch areas with tables to accomodate smaller groups in a more laid back way (the grown ups in our party took this route) and a very straight forward but attractive bar with plenty of stools...

Some of us took our server's recommendation (thx Jeff) and ordered a salad that had strawberries in it. It was SO good after we passed it around that others ordered it too. I suggest asking them to add the walnuts to it. The dressing is homemade by the owner's mom (who was sitting at a table outside while we were there) and I plan on pestering them and ultimately wearing them out so that they share the recipe. OMG- best salad I had in a long long time! And I am not a salad guy. I especially liked that the salads were available in both half and full orders...

Our big group ordered several pizzas so everyone could sample as much as possible from the menu. If my memory serves me we had their Prawn pizza which had fresh basil on it. A "Classic Italian" which had a spicy sausage and mushrooms, the "Poor Man's Lobster" which also had prawns but with a white and buttery sauce (so it did kinda taste like lobster) and something for the kids (like half cheese half bacon and a few other ingredients. I personally ate several pieces of the first three I mentioned and WOW. The crust is thin (note: I am not a thin crust guy). I L-O-V-E-D each of them and would order any of the ones I tried again. That said, I am leaning toward the prawn pizza as my fav...

The service was impeccable. Jeff 1 made the pizzas and Jeff 2 (they are both really nice guys) served us. Half of us grown folks drank Stella in the bottle and the rest did the domestic route. I believe I heard them say they will be carrying draft beer soon. The kiddies had lemonade which was served with a lid. The staff and the venue were very accomodating to our kids...

The prices were reasonable considering the product was top notch. I personally have gotten sticker shock from a few other thin crust pizza joints on 30-A but felt like I got what i paid for walking out the door of this gem...

About the only complaint I have about this place is its name- The Pickle Factory. My concern is that folks not in the know are going to miss out on the fact that this place serves what I believe could be the best pizza on 30-A. But on the other hand- perhaps that will be a good thing and this place will remain a well kept secret. We'll see...

Strongly recommend!!!
Do yourself a favor and try their pizza.
-

2 cents, Geo

Last edited:

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
283 Near Fire. On the left before you get to 30A. I think it is near or beside House Of Klaus (which is also good food...burgers and sandwiches, seafood too, I think)