• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Who has the best pizza in South Walton

• Spicy Noodle

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Angelina's

Votes: 12 7.7%
  • Bruno's

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Pizza By the Sea

Votes: 74 47.7%
  • Sugar Pies

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Fat Daddy's

Votes: 14 9.0%
  • Enzo's

Votes: 21 13.5%
  • Amore

Votes: 12 7.7%
  • Carabba's

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fat Clemenza's

Votes: 19 12.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Desso

Beach Lover
Feb 8, 2008
Soft drink syrup and tea (made with sugar) is relatively inexpensive compared to other costs in a restaurant, but contrary to popular belief, it is not a moneymaker. Unless you serve one cup (to go) or a glass or two (dine-in), it in fact is a losing proposition. As we all have seen and maybe done ourselves, there are people who can drink gallons of this stuff, and most the time the restaurant does't make much at all, if anything. Now add a shot of Jack, Crown, or rum, then you may clear a couple of bucks. I have always considered the offer of all you can eat, bottomless refills, etc. to be a courtesy and should be treated as such. Free refills is more of a tradition than a necessity. The bottom line, though, is have it written in plain sight on the menu, and have your employees versed in telling people the refill policy of the restaurant. A lot of people will not like it, you'll get some crazy reactions, and you'll probably lose some business. But whose restaurant is it anyway?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I've never been in a restaurant where they serve all you can drink Coke in the can. This is a first for me ever hearing anyone complain about not getting free cans of Coke.

sullygromo

Beach Lover
Jan 22, 2008
But w/ a family of 4

that refill policy makes it a no go for me. I'm good for 3 teas, my wife 2, and my 2 kids 2 lemonades apiece. An extra 20 bucks for drinks? Why would I ever go there? Bummer, 'cause I was looking forward to trying their pizza......

chefed

Beach Lover
Feb 11, 2008
Pt. Washington
Coke will come put a fountain in your place for free if you buy their product. You will make out a whole lot better. Having fountain drinks at Bud's Pizza Bar makes it possible for us to give free refill's.

30ABandMan

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2007
SGB
I've never been in a restaurant where they serve all you can drink Coke in the can. This is a first for me ever hearing anyone complain about not getting free cans of Coke.

SJ,

I'm certainly not complaining about no refills on canned drinks at all. I was pointing out that they charged two dollars a can for them. I know we pay the Seaside penalty when we go out to eat but that it a bit much. Especially since I just bought a case of Diet Dr. Pepper's for less than 7 bucks.

I have to run the concession stand at the SoWal football games durring the fall and I know what things cost. I'm not comparing that to running a full time business mind you, but I am saying that I understand mark up and I know when I fell ripped off.

Never the less, the Crab and Tomato pizza is awesome! When I get over my case of the red @ss, I'll go back and have some more. :D

Desso

Beach Lover
Feb 8, 2008
CSully, do what I do. Order take-out. And 30ABandman, your case of diaper rash will soon be much better, the Crab and Tomato will cure what ails you.

Last edited:

Green Knight

Beach Lover
Apr 30, 2009

I never was referring to free refills on cans and bottles...just fountain drinks and tea....believe me as a former owner of several fast food franchises ;fountain drinks was one of our most profitable areas...Coke gives you the hardware for free and sets it up....than depending on the Corporate Annual Deal a Box of Syrup was between 30 and 40 Bucks...when you sell a large for around 2 bucks the profits added up quick on that...that's why the Corporate Coupon on buy one get one free on sandwiches always included the disclaimer with the purchase of a medium drink...the medium drink profit covered the food cost of the free sandwich.....as for places that still serve in cans or bottles I do NOT expect a free refill but I honestly can't rememeber the last time I went somewhere that served coke in cans

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
green knight, that all sounds fantastic, but there is only one problem with it, Pickle Factory sells cans of Coke, so if you want more Coke, buy another can.

I, too, have worked for a long time in the food and bev industry and can assure you that even ten years ago, Coke wouldn't dream of charging us as little as $30-40 for a bag of syrup, even though we went through tons of Coke products, and were receiving bulk discounts. Even with our discounts, we could still buy canned products cheaper at Sam's and have it delivered for $15 per delivery trip. (we sold fountain and canned bevs)

It is really simple, if you don't like the price of something, don't buy it. KFC and most other fast Not-Really Food places have been charging more than $1.40 for a small cup of soda filled with ice for ten years. I guarantee you there isn't close to 12 oz of product in those cups, and considering that most of their customers are drive thru, I guess they are ripping people off, too.

Personally, I hope that many people draw their line in the sand and won't come back to the pickle factory -- that way, it will be easier for me to get a seat when I'm hungry. It isn't called the Coke Factory. (I had friends stop by there the other day, and were craving pickles -- lol!)

By the way, if you cannot handle the 12 oz cans, don't go to my favorite oyster bar in Florida, where they serve 8oz bottles of Coke. You will have a heart attack.