• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
ktschris said:
I just made a proposal to our company president to go to four 10 hour days until this gas crisis is over. He said he'd consider it. Just think if everyone drove 1 less day a week -- that would be a huge savings!! I would cut out 64 miles a week!

You go kt....great thinking outside the box!!!

SandySTL

Beach Comber
Aug 29, 2005
Ethanol is already making a big splash here in the farm states. Problem in Missouri is that there are only 14 distributors across the entire state! Illinois and Iowa have more. When gas price hit $2.50/gal. it became viable.

My daughter and her friend are planning to drive down from Georgia Tech to Seagrove for Labor Day weekend tomorrow. The car won't make it all the way to the beach on one tank. Does anyone have a guess as to whether she will be able to get here and, more importantly, get back to ATL on Monday so she can attend class on Tuesday AM?

My suggestion to her was to never get below half a tank so that if she has trouble getting gas, she wouldn't run out before she found a station with gas available. I mean, you don't want a 20-year-old stranded. Plus, thanks to T-Mobile, she can't get a cell phone signal between Troy and Defuniak Springs. I guess that's a piggish suggestion (having her keep her tank at least half full, but I don't want her stranded). I'd tell just not to come, but the beach is a nice way for a college student to relax from the stress of studying.

lamom

Beach Crab
Aug 29, 2005
Gas is fine here in LA! In the midst of the craziness and thousands of evacuees- we have gas. This stuff was all started with panic & media ( as the above poster stated ) Too much demand for the supply when people ran out and gassed up. Plus, all the message boards which are wreaking havoc and causing more panic. Hubby went all the way up to Little Rock today and not one station on the way was out. No lines either.

wetwilly

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Atlanta, Ga.
ktschris said:
I just made a proposal to our company president to go to four 10 hour days until this gas crisis is over. He said he'd consider it. Just think if everyone drove 1 less day a week -- that would be a huge savings!! I would cut out 64 miles a week!

Great idea. We all know that in addition to conservation of gas that you want the Friday or Monday off to go to SoWal for the long weekends. Sneaky, very sneaky. :clap_1: :D :!:

Suncat

Beach Fanatic
Jun 12, 2005
Tennessee
Smiling JOe said:
Exactly, let's stop topping off the tanks. I have not touched a gas pump since the H. Katrina. I am limiting my driving, too.

Me too...I think we should conserve gas if for no other reason than to leave plenty for the evacuation and rescue operations. I will give up a trip (especially a short one) to SoWal for a while. Also, maybe if everyone slows down on buying, it will help the prices come down sooner.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Well, I finally ran low on gas and just filled up at the Tom Thumb in Seagrove. I was not going to look at the price, but I could not help but to look. Regular gas is $2.59 9/10 per gal. Woo-hoo! Also, they had 18pks of rice beer(coors light) for $4.99 -- that is cheaper than bottled water. :bang: I had to get some. I think it is a NFL promotion. I also heard of Bud and Miller running similar promos at various local locations.

The pump I was on was out of the mid-grade. I would guess that all pumps run out of the same tanks.

For you diesel owners, I understand from several people, that they cannot find diesel. Reports are there is none in Lower Alabama area north of here either.

Last edited:

wintersbk

Beach Fanatic
Apr 16, 2005
TEXAS
They are probably trying to get everyone drunk & carefree, before they raise the prices! :laughing1

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach
Jeb Bush just stated that they are going to make sure NW Florida has gas because there are so many displaced families here. Escambia County is out of gas, but that is because their use doubled with so many people traveling through.

Status
Not open for further replies.