• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
There is nothing better than a funn fight! :clap_1:

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
jhbeebe said:
The Iran thing is getting downright scary. :creepy: Bush is absolutely serious about using nuclear weapons as a "bunker buster" bomb to take out Iran's buried nuclear sites. Iran's president is a true nut job, and an apocalyptic religious fanatic. The Iranians are not stupid, they are extremely intelligent. They are not Arabs, they are Persian. They literally invented the game of "chess".

Plus with their wacko president (extremely intelligent but nuts) making continual statements like this (see article below), Bush is bound to take action to try to eliminate the "threat" Iran poses.:creepy:

And to think I used to live in Tehran, Iran. It is very sad for me!!!!!

kathydwells

Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
Will all of you please take up a collection of gas $$ for me so I will be able to afford to drive to the beach in July??? ;-)

gilesdad

Beach Comber
Mar 19, 2006
Central Illinois
Our '04 Honda Civic 4 door gets 35 mpg when loaded down for vacation.
From our Illinois home we'll travel roughly 1600 miles round trip.

Gas today here is $2.79 which would cost me about $128 for the trip.
If gas goes up to $4.00 it would cost me $184.
I guarantee I'm not missing out on a week on the beach due to an extra $56.

We'll be there!!! :cool: Can't wait for August!

kathydwells

Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
gilesdad said:
Our '04 Honda Civic 4 door gets 35 mpg when loaded down for vacation.
From our Illinois home we'll travel roughly 1600 miles round trip.

Gas today here is $2.79 which would cost me about $128 for the trip.
If gas goes up to $4.00 it would cost me $184.
I guarantee I'm not missing out on a week on the beach due to an extra $56.

We'll be there!!! :cool: Can't wait for August!

I am sure that my big ole honkin Caravan will cost a lot more than that, but thanks for putting it into perspective for me!!!!

gilesdad

Beach Comber
Mar 19, 2006
Central Illinois
Kathydwells....I hope you didn't interpret my post as a comment on your gas $$$ request. :blush:
I was just posting my own findings of what it will cost us this year, and I've determined it won't make any difference. I wasn't really replying to any specific previous postings.
Have fun when you get to the beach!
And Happy Easter !

E

Excalibur

Here could be some positive news! I have heard that Acetone added to the gasoline in your tank - only if you use Premium Unleaded - will increase gas mileage and also lower your emissions.

This is not supposed to be an "old wives tale", :dunno:but actual fact. Supposedly, you add 1 1/2 oz of Acetone for every 10 gallons of premium unleaded gasoline in your tank. It is said to somewhat work with other grades of gas, but not as well due to the chemical composition of the higher refined grade of premium.

I have now tried this and will let everyone know the results. The proof is in the puddin', as they say.

We shall see.......................:scratch:

kathydwells

Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
gilesdad said:
Kathydwells....I hope you didn't interpret my post as a comment on your gas $$$ request. :blush:
I was just posting my own findings of what it will cost us this year, and I've determined it won't make any difference. I wasn't really replying to any specific previous postings.
Have fun when you get to the beach!
And Happy Easter !

NO, I didn't. Really, I am glad you posted that because it does put into perspective, that really in the long run it won't be that much more, and surely not enough to keep me away from the beach!!!!!!

You Funn too.....and Happy Easter to You!!!!!!

E

Excalibur

$2.88 a gallon already - Doh! Does anyone else want to try the Acetone in gasoline in addition to me? That way we could really compare results with different vehicles and driving styles.