• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

watersounder

Beach Comber
Aug 31, 2009
We are visiting in a couple of weeks, the 19th-26th. My husband and dad both play golf and are looking for the best value but still in good condition. They've looked into Kelly Plantation and it looks nice, but a little pricey. We're staying in Seagrove, but they're willing to drive out to Destin or Panama City if needed.
Thanks in advance!

... while I am completly biased because I live there and we have a family membership.. I love Origins! I startd playing a year ago so I have no talent - but everyone that visits we take out on the course (most of which play regularly) and they love it. It is so pretty and best part it is never crowded. Now of course the best of the best is also just a 2 minute drive from there - Camp Creek.

Origins Golf Club

GaDawg

Beach Comber
Jan 23, 2008
Athens,Ga
We are visiting in a couple of weeks, the 19th-26th. My husband and dad both play golf and are looking for the best value but still in good condition. They've looked into Kelly Plantation and it looks nice, but a little pricey. We're staying in Seagrove, but they're willing to drive out to Destin or Panama City if needed.
Thanks in advance!

Hello, I have played a lot of golf in the area and would suggest a couple of things:
1. Go to a tee time service called golfnow.com, you can get discounts at some of the courses in the area through this service.
2. Several courses to check out;
a. Camp Creek
b. Windswept Dunes, it's about 10 to 15 miles away in Freeport
c. Regatta Bay, Hombre, Santa Rosa Golf Club (very tight)
In my opinion the Sandestin courses are usually not in great shape.
To get the best rates,you will need to play later in the day,probably after lunch.
Good Luck

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
Holiday Golf Course in PCB is popular and has night golf as well. Windswept Dunes is fun and challenging having the longest yardages in Fl., or so I've been told. Camp Creek is my favorite. It is meticulously maintained and this Fazio course gives you all kinds of challenges, especially the greens- fast and undulating.

CChandler

Beach Lover
Apr 30, 2010
Oklahoma City, Ok
Thanks again for all the suggestions. Isn't Camp Creek private though? At least this is what it appears to be on their website.
My husband is a huge fan of golfnow so he'll book their times from there I'm sure.

rblessed1031

Beach Lover
Jul 14, 2008
Dune Allen
We are fans of Santa Rosa Beach Golf Club. We live here now, but when we were tourists, it was great, because it was reasonable pricing, well kept and close. The staff is awesome!

Kelly Plantation is superb. If you are playing in the heat (which is hard to avoid when playing a full round) they have cold apples and wet towels at many of the holes. It is very refreshing when it is so hot.

We have played Origins and although it is well kept, it is not a full course. You would be able to use all of the clubs in your bag. It is either 6 holes or 9 holes and you play a round twice. There is no beverage cart (at least not when we played) and no opportunity for a snack/sandwhich. Not sure I would recommend unless the group was not looking to play a full round of golf.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Thanks again for all the suggestions. Isn't Camp Creek private though? At least this is what it appears to be on their website.
My husband is a huge fan of golfnow so he'll book their times from there I'm sure.
No, it went semi-public.

Gorgeous course in a fabulous setting - my gawking at birds, frogs, and looking for the alligator usually costs me a couple strokes.

Ari Silverstein

Beach Lover
May 2, 2010
No, it went semi-public.

Gorgeous course in a fabulous setting - my gawking at birds, frogs, and looking for the alligator usually costs me a couple strokes.

Sorry to hear, my best for a full recovery without paralysis.

Really.:rotfl:

Water Boy

Beach Lover
May 13, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
You have to play Origins at WaterSound at least once. While not regulation, it is a beautifully kept and fun Davis Love III designed course. Ask them about all-day specials too!

Hombre Golf Course in Panama City Beach is a challenging but fun course as well, if they are ready to play target golf. Lots of water hazards, but rewarding if you can get over and past them.

Santa Rosa Beach Golf Club is a pretty straight-forward and picturesque course that allows you a more local feel, and comes at relatively decent price.

BUT, if they can afford one round, you have to try Camp Creek Golf Course. It is one of a kind, in good and challenging ways. Which is what you want if you are a golfer.

I'm sorry to say Origins does not have all day specials anymore

Water Boy

Beach Lover
May 13, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
We are fans of Santa Rosa Beach Golf Club. We live here now, but when we were tourists, it was great, because it was reasonable pricing, well kept and close. The staff is awesome!

Kelly Plantation is superb. If you are playing in the heat (which is hard to avoid when playing a full round) they have cold apples and wet towels at many of the holes. It is very refreshing when it is so hot.

We have played Origins and although it is well kept, it is not a full course. You would be able to use all of the clubs in your bag. It is either 6 holes or 9 holes and you play a round twice. There is no beverage cart (at least not when we played) and no opportunity for a snack/sandwhich. Not sure I would recommend unless the group was not looking to play a full round of golf.

Origins has a six hole regulation course and a ten hole par three course, both well worth te tripand it doesn't take long to play either one.