• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Just Curious

Beach Fanatic
Apr 22, 2009
Jay Odom didn't have anything to do with setting up the meeting, and he agreed to be on the committee before he left.

On another note, making the street one way only addresses the emergency vehicles getting down the street. There will still be a parking issue that off site parking is going to be the only solution.

Geo

Beach Fanatic
Dec 24, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Jay Odom didn't have anything to do with setting up the meeting, and he agreed to be on the committee before he left.

On another note, making the street one way only addresses the emergency vehicles getting down the street. There will still be a parking issue that off site parking is going to be the only solution.

I have been to The Red Bar every night of the week they are open during every season. I have always found a parking spot. Sure it takes longer sometimes than others but is this really something that requires action by the community? I ask genuinely- not snarkily (sp?)... :lol:

vote

Beach Comber
Aug 6, 2008
Grayton parking

tomorrows paper points out parking problems in grayton. most places of business must provide ample parking for their customers, why not the red bar ? while another thread tells of how grayton was saved by the actions of locals in the past that is wonderful. remember how nice grayton was before the red bar opened ? :yikes: sorry oli

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I don't know what your beef is with the Red Bar/Oli, but IMO the parking problem certainly cannot be blamed just on one person or business.

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
tomorrows paper points out parking problems in grayton. most places of business must provide ample parking for their customers, why not the red bar ? while another thread tells of how grayton was saved by the actions of locals in the past that is wonderful. remember how nice grayton was before the red bar opened ? :yikes: sorry oli

Pretty common in a lot of business districts where all the parking is public. Sort of like downtown.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
remember how nice grayton was before the red bar opened ? :yikes:

When has that block in Grayton Beach not represented a very, very good time? Long before Red Bar opened, long before Paradise Cafe, the old Butler store was THE place to be, for generations.

Point is, the streets in the early days were not planned for the size or the volume traffic we have now. Plan ahead and go early.

Yzarctoo

Beach Fanatic
Mar 6, 2009
Hey Scooter

I don't know what your beef is with the Red Bar/Oli, but IMO the parking problem certainly cannot be blamed just on one person or business.

By chance do you live in Grayton? Do you live near Hotz? Ever try to find a parking spot so you can park and walk down on the beach to see the beautiful sunsets? Ever try to get to your property only to find strange cars parked either in your yard or blocking your driveway? Ever have a bar owner(s) seriously suggest that the county or the state should provide extra parking for their overflow of cars?