• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
"...How much in student loans and credit card debt were you carrying at the time?..."

No debt. Momma paid for part, and I worked.

I worked for a year out of high school as a deckhand on towboats
on the Mississippi River & Gulf Intracoastal.

If you don't count credit card balances which are paid in full at each statement, I have only borrowed money one time in my life.

So your little run-in with Volkernomics was a good thing.

Some of these folks addicted to credit-crack could certainly use a little tough-love Fed tightening.

Tomorrow we'll see what Ben and crew are made of....if they cut, (which I think they will) the economy is in worse shape than anyone is letting on at this point.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
After watching Mr. G on 60 Minutes last night...I must say I have a little crush. :love:

So you're a Fed groupie now?

....and I bet you think Ben Bernanke is one delectable piece of "Man Candy."

bernanke.jpg

bernanke.jpg

nmosley

Beach Comber
May 9, 2006
Sorry to disappoint, but I too, believe that Carter is an inept bungler at best and more probably, is the worst President ever!!! He should have stayed on the farm. I remember VIVIDLY the unemployment, the gas lines, school sclosing because we couldn't pay to heat them for the students, the fury over him being such a "wuss" and leaving our kidnapped Americans sit there while he did nothing to retrieve them.

Now, "Mr. Peace-nik" has the audacity to open his yapper and speak when he couldn't do the job well when it was his to do...I cannot abide fools! Personally, I think he just needs to sit on the sidlines and stop trying to rewrite his legacy...which is what all of his yapping and positioning is really about.

He has done a great job with Habitat for Humanity and he should leave it at that. His is not and never was a big enough dog to run in the high weeds - everything was over his head and still is. That said, though I am personally fond of "W", I don't think he is the most capable President either - least you think I am one-sided in my views. Have a blessed and prosperous day! ;-)

Capricious

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
"....Sorry to disappoint, but I too, believe that Carter is an inept bungler at best and more probably, is the worst President ever!!! He should have stayed on the farm. I remember VIVIDLY the unemployment, the gas lines, school sclosing because we couldn't pay to heat them for the students, the fury over him being such a "wuss" and leaving our kidnapped Americans sit there while he did nothing to retrieve them...."

This all started with Nixon, bub.

Try studying history instead of listening to Rush.

As for doing nothing to retreive hostages, I seem to
remember that a rescue attempt was launched.

Instead of reaching back (3) decades to critized
someone in the past, how about defending your
current presidential choice, "W"

Talk about an incompetent.

Capricious

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
"...Tomorrow we'll see what Ben and crew are made of....if they cut, (which I think they will) the economy is in worse shape than anyone is letting on at this point...."

Considering the size of the cut, it is logical to assume that the "news"
is worse than has been revealed.

nmosley

Beach Comber
May 9, 2006
Capricious,
Thanks for sharing your thoughts - though you really ought not call me "bub" - when you don't even know me, that is kind of tacky... As for studying history... since you do not know anything about me, commenting on where I get my information, what I know about history, or who I voted for, or what media I regularly indulge in, is at best a guess on your part and most importantly, wrong. Sorry, but you are wrong.

If someday we meet and we do have the ability for intellectual discourse and friendly debate, I will be happy to go head-to-head with you on history, voting choices, left vs right and whatever other topics you choose, if I have the capacity to discuss them. That is the beauty of the ability to debate in our beautiful land of freedom.

Until then, be wise and don't make assumptions about others when you are in the dark... you might bump your head or fall down the stairs bumbling around in the unseen realms!

As for defending our President, I will continue to do what I have done for every President since I was old enough to vote - PRAY... they take on unbelievable responsibilities that we will never have to bear the burden of. They age dramatically while serving the public, they are paid little for their sacrifices (Carter too) and generally are underappreciated no matter what they attempt to do.

My beef with Carter is that he uses the moniker of "Christian" when it suits him and then behaves like a pitiful fool as history begins to shed light upon his failed Presidency. Either he is comfortable with who he is and what he accomplished or not... Apprently, he is not... me thinks that his finger-pointing is an attempt to get out of the "Worst President ever box" by trying to stuff "W" in it instead.

I am perfectly comfortable allowing history to speak for itself. Just look at how shamefully it has treated the Tesla in comparison to Edison... the truth however, is finally coming forth and Marconi and Edison's scientific prowess pales in comparison to Tesla's and people are beginning to know this as truth...but it took over 50 years for a correction to surface. History is a fascinating thing and usually the truth will surface one way or the other. So, I don't sweat it...

Have a peaceful, beautiful and fun-filled afternoon!!! :cool:

Capricious

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Capricious,
Thanks for sharing your thoughts - though you really ought not call me "bub" - when you don't even know me, that is kind of tacky...

"wuss"

"Mr. Peace-nik"

Now WHO is being "tacky?"

"...As for defending our President, I will continue to do what I have done for every President since I was old enough to vote - PRAY... they take on unbelievable responsibilities that we will never have to bear the burden of. They age dramatically while serving the public, they are paid little for their sacrifices (Carter too) and generally are underappreciated no matter what they attempt to do..."

All of a sudden you are respectful of Carter, the "Wuss",
"Mr Peace-nik"?? Give me a break.

By the way, what did W sacrifice to become president?

Other than my tax money and the lives and limbs of thousands
of U.S soldiers and tens of thousands of iraqis?

You voted for him yet now only offer tepid support for the
president that you helped place in office.

'...I am perfectly comfortable allowing history to speak for itself..."

Yes, and it appears that you are comfortable letting history
repeat itself as well.

I am done discussing this with you, here or elsewhere.

Good day

nmosley

Beach Comber
May 9, 2006
Yes, Capricious, it is a good day...
A sunny and life-filled and wonderful day...
A day to live and let live.
A day for loving life.
Good day to you as well.
;-)

seal

Beach Lover
Apr 17, 2006
This might have something to do with the problem:

http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewNation.asp?Page=\Nation\archive\200511/NAT20051104b.html

Basically says that the Bush administration has borrowed more than all previous Presidents since 1776, COMBINED. (My bias: I am a constitutional conservative)

The Fed IS the problem: http://www.lewrockwell.com/murphy/murphy113.html

Bernanke admitted that the Fed at the very least, contributed to the cause of the Great Depression:
http://www.financialsense.com/fsu/editorials/schiff/2005/1208.html

http://www.hoover.org/publications/policyreview/3476271.html

The Fed is neither "federal" nor is there a "reserve". It is a private, central bank that creates money out of thin air. So next time you hear on the new that the Fed is "pumping money into the system", realize that the dollars in your purse or wallet are now worth a little less.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
In celebration of Helicopter Ben's generous "bailout," I'll post this entertaining diddy (albeit a 45-minute diddy) entitled "Money as Debt"

Here's the short 2 minute "Teaser" [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3t1m4r-IB1U"]YouTube - What's a US Dollar Worth? : The Fed, Money as Debt[/ame]

For the entire video Click on link, scroll down to the viewing screen, and click on the start (>) under the viewer screen to start the movie--it will go to black screen and start in about 15 seconds. Even after 5-10 minutes of your time, you'll know more than 99.9% of Americans about how money is "created."

[ame="http://www.itulip.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1139"]Money as Debt - iTulip.com[/ame]

/

Last edited: