• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
I'm sure that when you go to New York, you probably book a suite at the Waldorf-Astoria or the Plaza.
Jdarg is one of the coolest, smartest, and down-to-earth persons I know. She has style, but I can't imagine her staying at a snooty hotel. Don't make assumptions about individuals whom you don't know. Let's stick to the issues, not personal attacks.

meggiemom

Beach Lover
Jun 24, 2012
Walton
Jdarg is one of the coolest, smartest, and down-to-earth persons I know. She has style, but I can't imagine her staying at a snooty hotel. Don't make assumptions about individuals whom you don't know. Let's stick to the issues, not personal attacks.

Thank you so much for putting me in my place. I'll try not to make assumptions. Of course when flyingseagull told me I had damaged your community, that didn't make the cut as a personal attack did it?

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Of course those of us who are trailer trash have no experience staying in a hotel, or a condo.

Just curious, how would you feel it someone wanted to build a 44,000 square foot Hampton Inn 200 yards from your house?

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
Well, I have experience with both condos, homes and hotels. If I am going somewhere to attend some event and am only going to need a place to sleep for a night or two and have no intention of eating in, a hotel is fine. But if I am going on vacation for a week and want to spend some time relaxing I prefer a home or condo. But back to the topic of this thread, a hotel is NOT compatible with the area and most people that come here for vacation feel the same. If someone is coming to 30-A they can weigh the cost of having to eat ALL their meals out (pretty costly)to spending a bit on the upgrade from a hotel to a condo. I personally like to save a bit on eating in with comfortable surroundings versus going the supposedly more cost saving some people think this hotel will bring and having to spend a small fortune on dining out 2-3 times a day.

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
Well, I have experience with both condos, homes and hotels. If I am going somewhere to attend some event and am only going to need a place to sleep for a night or two and have no intention of eating in, a hotel is fine. But if I am going on vacation for a week and want to spend some time relaxing I prefer a home or condo. But back to the topic of this thread, a hotel is NOT compatible with the area and most people that come here for vacation feel the same. If someone is coming to 30-A they can weigh the cost of having to eat ALL their meals out (pretty costly)to spending a bit on the upgrade from a hotel to a condo. I personally like to save a bit on eating in with comfortable surroundings versus going the supposedly more cost saving some people think this hotel will bring and having to spend a small fortune on dining out 2-3 times a day.

You can eat in at lots of hotels, even if they don't have much in the way of kitchen facilities. I've done this lots of times. I've stayed in hotels with no way to cook food and still got everything I needed and wanted to eat at the grocery store. Today, almost all hotels have refrigerators. I've thoroughly enjoyed my stay and my meals with this approach. I've never stayed at a home or condo unless I was visiting someone.

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
Just curious, how would you feel it someone wanted to build a 44,000 square foot Hampton Inn 200 yards from your house?

My suburblet was planned with a central commercial core, so I do indeed have one of those less than 200 yards
(ie. two football fields away) from my house. Drainage and setback requirements were set strictly and followed by the developer and it's no big deal to have them there.

ricky bobby

Banned
Aug 24, 2011
Tallahassee, Fl
I thought you were leaving for Gulf Shores. I'm sure they have several Motel 6's or Scottish Inns there.

This really is a confusing forum. A bunch of you are pouncing on Meggiemom because she doesn't see anything wrong with building a hotel in Seagrove. One of you has attacked her stating that she has "damaged" something and you flyingseagull imply that she is only good enough to stay at a budget hotel, yet one of you call the suggestion that somebody might stay at a fine New York hotel is a "personal attack". She has asked questions of several of you that you don't have the guts to answer and so on. I lived in Seagrove Beach on 30a for about 7 years so I know the area but I don't live there now so I don't give a rat's ass what they build but attacking people because they don't agree with you on one issue is rude. And this entry is rude but people are entitled to their opinion.