• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
If you ever wanted to visit Atlanta, this would be a nice slow weekend to do so. Atlanta is empty, and it seems that they temporarily relocated it to South Walton.

If you ever wanted to visit Atlanta, this would be a nice slow weekend to do so. Atlanta is empty, and it seems that they temporarily relocated it to South Walton.
Daughter decided not to come to the beach with us for spring break. :dunno: She is at our place in Atlanta with her fianc? and spending her spring break shopping. I'll have to ask her if she notices any difference in the traffic.

Oh, the cat saga. Hubby caved and renewed the lease. He didn't want a cat in our house. They can deal with it when they get married June 19, 2010. Just hope fiancé decides to go to grad school at Georgia Tech instead of MIT or Stanford, his other two choices. He's already passed his Ph.D. qualifying exams at Georgia Tech.

Last edited:

30ARules

Beach Fanatic
Jan 16, 2006
Lawrenceville, GA
Spent a crapload of money at Cafe-30A for the wife and I's 12 year anniversary! She had an amazing Filet and I got the lobster in paradise! Had a great bottle of Pinot noir, and man the crab cake app was really good! Probably go back this week with the kids and g-parents. WaterSound beach club is taking great care of us! Kinda cold, but that can't stop the rulers!:cool:

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I believe it - had to fight through the line of cars to get to my house and almost took out 2 bikers in the process (totally my fault BTW)!

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
I have been extremely lucky this week (knock on wood) avoiding traffic and crowds. I've been in publix a few times with no crowds, and I drove to Destin and back this morning - no problem. the secret seems to be to get out and get back early in the day.

jd

Beach Lover
Jun 11, 2008
Atlanta
I am home from a spring break in Sowal and even though it was a bit on the chilly side, it was just glorious! The beach: beautiful as always; the food: delicious; and the accomodations @ Dune Villas: very nice!!!

One thing I saw that I haven't seen before in the 10+ years I've been visiting the area, was a large herd of deer that showed up on the side of Hwy 98 after dark. Not just one time, but every time we drove down that stretch of 98...there they were! Around 6-7 of them. Fortunately they never seemed to stray too close to the highway.

Interesting!

Anyway I can't wait to come back in June!!!!!!

Everytime

Beach Fanatic
Jul 9, 2005
Shelby County, Alabama
I saw a few groups of them about this time last year, around 10:00 pm, along 98 between 331 and Seagrove. I hope to see them when I arrive tomorrow night.

I also saw what seemed to be hundreds of them last year on U.S. 278, between I-95 and Bluffton/Hilton Head, SC. It's a divided 4-lane hwy through the low country, and the deer are abundant along the parkway.