• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

jd

Beach Lover
Jun 11, 2008
Atlanta
Some good greens growing on the roadside.

yep...bet it's clover. The ones that live around my yard love the stuff...along with hostas, day lilies, new bean plants, etc.... :roll:

Oh well, gotta love 'em anyway!!!

jd

Beach Lover
Jun 11, 2008
Atlanta
Yea, my father -in-law just hit one here in Fayetteville last week...messed up the car pretty badly. I'm glad the buck didn't hit her or cause her to have a wreck!

And soon you have to watch out for the babies that are being born now...they can run kind of crazy when they get out on the road and panic. Sadly, we hit a little fawn last spring when it couldn't figure out what to do and basically ran up under the car. It was awful!!!! I cried!!!

OMC! Traffic on I-85 late this afternoon, south of Atlanta, and heading northbound was a parking lot!

Glad I was going southbound. And after my previous drive through there on April 1, they have changed the speed limit from 50 to 60. So even if you get a little space, you have to watch your speed due to the local fuzz. Argh!

Sandcastle

Beach Fanatic
Jan 6, 2006
Tallahassee, Florida
Thanks Atlanta! It was quite a week and many of us appreciate you coming here to spend your money! See you next year or this summer!

All well and good, but last week within one block from my house in Old Seagrove, three events occurred that are worth noting. First, a kid totaled his car after hitting three large trees in the middle of the night on Forest Street. Second, a car parked in front of a house on Cypress Hill Street was stolen. Third, while two electricians were working in my house and I was working in my yard, a kid tried to steel a GPS unit out of the electricians' van that was parked in my driveway inside of my fence.

Welcome Atlanta?:dunno:

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Odd season - I gained a chair and a bike lock instead of the usual beer cans, cups, and cigarette butts/cartons.

P.S. anyone missing (or wanting) a bike should take a stroll through Seagrove - apparently the new hobby is ditching rental bikes in the shrubbery.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
All well and good, but last week within one block from my house in Old Seagrove, three events occurred that are worth noting. First, a kid totaled his car after hitting three large trees in the middle of the night on Forest Street. Second, a car parked in front of a house on Cypress Hill Street was stolen. Third, while two electricians were working in my house and I was working in my yard, a kid tried to steel a GPS unit out of the electricians' van that was parked in my driveway inside of my fence.

Welcome Atlanta?:dunno:

You can take the kid out of Atlanta--but.....:cool: