• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Landlocked

Beach Fanatic
May 16, 2005
Alabama
Smiling JOe said:
Only, if you are truely in need, and take me fishing when you go.:lol:

Well y'all are gonna need all the cleanup help you can get. I'll help out and we'll go fishing.

katie blue

kt loo
Mar 11, 2005
in perpetual motion
Bright sides?
I've been reading this board for a few years now. Ivan really brought this community together, and then I watched as each subsequent storm made us stronger, individually and collectively. If you go through enough of your worst fears, and live to tell, the blessing is that life just seems a bit easier going forward. Some folks who might have come down as investors only are finding that somewhere along the line, SoWal got into their blood, and that now they are part of a powerful place with real heart and soul. Without this board some of us may never have been able to feel the stength of this community, and without that it might have been too much to try hang through these crazy times alone. Thanks to all of you who donate so much time and energy to keep us all connected.

Rita

margarita brocolia
Dec 1, 2004
Dune Allen Beach
katie blue said:
Bright sides?
I've been reading this board for a few years now. Ivan really brought this community together, and then I watched as each subsequent storm made us stronger, individually and collectively. If you go through enough of your worst fears, and live to tell, the blessing is that life just seems a bit easier going forward. Some folks who might have come down as investors only are finding that somewhere along the line, SoWal got into their blood, and that now they are part of a powerful place with real heart and soul. Without this board some of us may never have been able to feel the stength of this community, and without that it might have been too much to try hang through these crazy times alone. Thanks to all of you who donate so much time and energy to keep us all connected.

:bow: Thanks to Kurt and Graytonbeach.com and SoWal.com and all the people who post, lurk, and are making this community come alive.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Rita said:
:bow: Thanks to Kurt and Graytonbeach.com and SoWal.com and all the people who post, lurk, and are making this community come alive.

Yourself included!!!!

Landlocked

Beach Fanatic
May 16, 2005
Alabama
Smiling JOe said:
Back on target, the phone number to donate to the RED CROSS, is 1-800-HELP NOW. The web address to donate online is www.redcross.org

I watched a red cross volunteer being rudely declined in his request for help from the WalMart in Montgomery yesterday. He was wearing Red Cross garb and was very professional when he asked the manager if she could donate some WalMart grocery sacks for the stuff they'll be handing out when they get to the disaster area. I'll remember that. Hope you do too. I don't know if they are providing any other aid but that one woman's actions just did it for me..

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Landlocked said:
I watched a red cross volunteer being rudely declined in his request for help from the WalMart in Montgomery yesterday. He was wearing Red Cross garb and was very professional when he asked the manager if she could donate some WalMart grocery sacks for the stuff they'll be handing out when they get to the disaster area. I'll remember that. Hope you do too. I don't know if they are providing any other aid but that one woman's actions just did it for me..

Remember...don't kill the messenger! I bet she was following co. policy. Personally, I do not need anymore reasons not to shop at Walmart...TARGET RULES!

Landlocked

Beach Fanatic
May 16, 2005
Alabama
Sueshore said:
Remember...don't kill the messenger! I bet she was following co. policy. Personally, I do not need anymore reasons not to shop at Walmart...TARGET RULES!

If this lady's behavior was company policy, the messenger should be killed...

mkm19602000

Beach Comber
May 24, 2005
Landlocked said:
Now that just toasts my *ss. (I used to be a disaster worker for the ARC, I cannot do it anymore because of health reasons, if not for them I am sure I would be loading up to go.) When I worked in assitance centers. I would estimate at least 5 of every 10 DO's, the Red Cross version of purchase orders for individuals affected by the disaster, were written to Wal-Mart. Nice move Wal-Mart. If you are able, please volunteer in your location the Red Cross will train you for disaster services and there are other opportunities than shelter management if that does not appeal to you.