Hilton Home In Seacrest Beach - Paradise By The Sea

Discussion in 'Real Estate' started by Magic Hour, May 11, 2005.

1. J-WS6

J-WS6 Beach Comber

Thanks for the updated pictures! That's the first time I've seen that guest house addition. Wish I could make it back over there to get a better look.

2. Everytime

Everytime Beach Fanatic

And Santa Rosa Beach is not on Santa Rosa Island; and very little of Santa Rosa Island is in Santa Rosa County. St. Rose must have been quite popular with de Luna or some of the early folks.

3. Matt J

Matt J SWGB

Hey Herbal Doc didn't you used to have a TV show and a store front in the Panama City Mall.

4. deepender

deepender Beach Comber

If you want to see the tax card for HIlton's home click here:

Walton County Parcel Maps

he has the right (as does Mcrae next door) to whatever house they want.
    I commend both for having the ability and financial prowess to own and maintain those homes. I think everyone else that has posted on here must just be jealous... I know I am.

Mr Hilton and Mr Mcrae,
    Thank you for spending your money and providing jobs to all those that work for you in all your many endeavors! I hope that you and your families enjoy your homes for many generations as the rest of just look on and dream.

5. 30ashopper

30ashopper SoWal Insider

Wrong link, we're you checking up on a a nieghbor? :D Change the map size once or twice to get the right link in the address bar of your browser.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
  6. deepender

deepender Beach Comber

You are very right... sorry about that, I was actually looking at many parcel maps at the same time and clicked the wrong one. Actually just considering purchasing more property down here.

but my position still stands that it is their property and right and there sure has been alot of time wasted by people wanting to stick their nose in other people's business.

7. beachmouse

beachmouse Beach Fanatic

If you're building a house like he has, you've got the expectation that people are going to spend the 10+ years it's taken to build speculating what the deal is.

If he didn't want to draw attention, there are a number of small and very private communities where he could have built in these parts instead. Home would have drawn a lot less chatter if it had been tucked away in Gulf Trace or Three Mile Village instead of being very visible from the heavily-traveled 30-A.

I don't suppose Charlie and family would be willing to open up the home for a charity tour when it's finally finished? Considering how many people have been watching construction for so long, I'd guess there's some good interest in seeing how the inside turned out as well.

8. Santiago

Santiago Beach Fanatic

All of the above as well as Rosemary Beach, Sandy Shores, Elysee, Long View, were part of what Doodle referred to as the Barber tract which I guess was owned by Barber Dairy. If my memory serves me correctly, he optioned the property and put smaller deals together that he sold off to help offset the large purchase price. High Point was sold to Wes Burnham and Wally Nall, old friends of Doodles and the developers of Edgewater and the Hombre golf course in PCB. Paradise by the Sea was developed by Doodle and sold at very fair prices given the large lots. Sandy Shores was developed by Sandy Nichols and others, also friends of Doodles but the gulf front was retained by Doodle. Elysee was sold mostly to Charles Feagan and Joe Malugen but part was kept by Doodle. I'm not sure but I think that Rosemary was originally sold to or at least contracted by Geoff Wilder, another friend of Doodle and I think the develolper of Lake Place. Of course it ultimately ended up the property of Luecadia. Water's Edge, the original Seacrest Beach was developed by Doodle, and the street named for the late Geoff Wilder, also a friend of Doodle. Seacrest Beach North, now just Seacrest Beach became Doodle's largest development. Some of the details might be a little off but I think that this is a fair summation of the way I heard it many years ago. It was a textbook example of how to put a deal together using other peoples money, and I'm sure a fair amount of his own.

9. Matt J

Matt J SWGB

One has to question Charlie Hilton's motives when he flat out refuses to install turtle friendly lighting by hiring 5 attorney's.

10. Topsail Transplant

Topsail Transplant Beach Lover

Carriere MS (50 mi northeast of New orleans) Sowal
    I would contibute some $$ to see how it turned out and what the inside looks like for charity. Forget my personal opinions on if it fits or if I like the architecture I'm drawn to it and I'm curious :yikes::blush:. Anyway if they open it I would go if not I'll just gripe from 30A.

11. Lake View Too

Lake View Too SoWal Insider

The reality is that the exterior has been finished for somewhere near five or six years. No matter how fine you finish a house, it shouldn't take a total of eight or ten years. Oh, I forgot to say, IMHO.

12. SHELLY

SHELLY SoWal Insider

That thing has been under "construction" for so long, I understand they're on their 3rd remodel of the kitchen--first tearing out the advocado appliances/harvest gold formica countertops; cycled through almond appliances and Corian countertops; now they've got to contend with stripping out the bubble-era SS & GCT. Will the county ever realize any decent property tax revenue from this place?...I'm betting not....oh, IMHO.

Like I said before, the Bellagio in Vega took 5 years to complete--from implosion of the Dunes in '93 until it opened in '98. If Hilton really wanted to complete that thing, it would have been done a long time ago--including successfully dodging the requirement for turtle lighting. This construction project doesn't impress me in the least--I'm more impressed with grassroots efforts of the folks who are putting up housing around NOLA for the poor folks who lost all to Katrina.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2009
  13. Matt J

Matt J SWGB

Don't hold your breath on Charlie Hilton doing anything for charity. IMHO

14. Santiago

Santiago Beach Fanatic

Once again you have no idea what the hell you are talking about.

15. Lake View Too

Lake View Too SoWal Insider

How does that saying go...if it smells like a fish, it's fishy? I'm just saying...:blink:

16. J-WS6

J-WS6 Beach Comber

Anybody made it inside yet? Pics? :D

17. trippy lechat

trippy lechat Beach Crab

hilton res pic

yep i got in for about 30 seconds and shot this
    architect is arthur dyson apprentice to frank lloyd wright
    very nice person
    let me use the image on my website
    and yes i did just the smallest amount of photoshopping possible lol

[​IMG]

18. J-WS6

J-WS6 Beach Comber

Nice! Thanks for sharing.

19. DuneLaker

DuneLaker Beach Fanatic

I think it might be used as an alternate hangar. :D

20. beachmouse

beachmouse Beach Fanatic

How well does Hilton get along with Jay Odom? ...