Hilton Home In Seacrest Beach - Paradise By The Sea

Discussion in 'Real Estate' started by Magic Hour, May 11, 2005.

1. Matt J

Matt J SWGB

Who knows, but Jay Odom is a much nicer human being.

2. Camp Creek Kid

Camp Creek Kid Christini Zambini

Just turned on HGTV and the Hilton House was on Extreme Homes. I missed most of the feature, but it will be replayed at 11:00. Great opportunity to get a tour of the house. The commentator explains the rationale behind the architecture.

3. tsutcli

tsutcli Beach Fanatic

Saw this segment and was very impressed with the rational for the architecture and interior design. Hope they have the house on a tour sometime. They said it was 10 years being built but we've lived here for 12 years and it was in construction for at least 3 years before that!!! And we just live a short distance from this home in Seacrest.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
  4. Kurt Lischka

Kurt Lischka Admin Staff Member

Very interesting - thanks for posting. If anyone sees video on the web somewhere please post a link.

5. UofL

UofL Beach Fanatic

Dyson Concrete house west of Rosemary on HGTV

I occassionally tape Extreme Homes (HGTV). Just watched last Thursday night's episode and it featured (toward the end) that huge concrete home located just west of Rosemary Beach. It said that it has taken them 10 years to construct it and they haven't moved in yet! It looks like the episode might be on again next month.

http://www.hgtv.com/extreme-homes/extreme-homes10/index.html

Ellen

6. Beach Runner

Beach Runner beats on hood

Near the ATL and in SoWal as often as possible
  7. tsutcli

tsutcli Beach Fanatic

Actually I posted on another thread that we have been living here for 12 years and it was under construction for at least three years before that. The Hilton house was torn down once because the owners didn't like the original plan so you could say this is the second try. We also live very close to the house in Seacrest so we always noticed what progress was being made.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  8. UofL

UofL Beach Fanatic

I thought people would be interested in seeing it on tv. Maybe it was on HGTV before. Sorry. Ellen

9. Lake View Too

Lake View Too SoWal Insider

No, I've never seen it on TV. And I couldn't find the episode on the link you provided either. Does anyone know if that video is on Youtube? Also, I have never heard it referred to as the Dyson house before your post.?

10. NotDeadYet

NotDeadYet Beach Fanatic

I'd like to see it too, but I couldn't find it on Ellen's link either.
    If someone finds it, please post the link here.

11. MRBS

MRBS Beach Lover

Just saw a peep of preview of extreme homes to air next Thursday. Saw interior shot that had to be cap'n Nemo's home. Googled Hilton and extreme homes and delighted to find this hit on sowal. Can't wait!!! Thanks all!

12. MRBS

MRBS Beach Lover

Boo. Wasn't on last night. Did find this link though. If anyone hears when it will be back on would appreciate your letting my know. Thank you.

http://www.prairiemod.com/prairiemod/2012/07/dysons-extreme-homes.html

13. dmarie

dmarie Beach Lover

Hilton House-Extreme Homes

Just this evening I saw an ad for Extreme Homes airing this Thursday, Dec. 13th. From the trailer, it appears to be the same show that featured the Hilton House. It was really interesting!! This Thursday at 8:00 central. Hope that's accurate. :blush:

14. JasonKoertge

JasonKoertge Beach Comber

This house has been one of those mystic unicorns that seems to always generate rumors (fact or fiction) about whatever may be contained on that property. I've heard tale of friends working on the cabinetry, or another local vendor/friend doing some of the tile or glass work.

I've even had a friend that did work on the place at one point that told me if you could pick the entire structure up and gently place it in the sea, the entire place could withstand 100 feet of depth pressure.

I'd love a tour, to watch a video or photo document the place.

15. Beauty hunter

Beauty hunter Beach Fanatic

Yeh, this is a mysterious house for sure- more fun speculating about than a local haunted house, right? Well, maybe we should contact the owners and schedule a local end of the world party on Dec. 21. If you aren't up on your latest rumors- the mayan calendar(whoever they are), ended Dec. 21, 2012 which caused someone(whoever that might be) to speculate that it meant that was the end of the earth. I just figure they ran out of stone tablets or wall space(whatever they were writing on). Anyway, it would be a laughable good excuse for all of us to check out this awesome mysterious house. Also, if the owner's see this post, let us know if you are up for a holiday party- everyone would love to see your house!!!

16. Kurt Lischka

17. 30A Skunkape

30A Skunkape Mr. Small Box

Nice throwback thread. One thing for sure, people have come and gone but this house has just kept on going. Our first place here was a rental in Seacrest Beach, and the third floor had a view of this house. I had a telescope set up and used to watch for humans on that outside glass 'staircase' that faces north and never saw a soul.

18. Kurt Lischka

:creepy:

19. Lady D

Lady D SoWal Insider

We look for it when we ride down 30A. Very interesting home alongside the others.

20. billtodd

billtodd Beach Comber

Is anyone living there now?