• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc
The poured concrete rooms for refuge during storms is a great idea. A builder (not one working with Viridian) said he didn't want to build underground parking for risk and liability. I guess everyone has a different idea/ideal on this.

Sandcastle

Beach Fanatic
Jan 6, 2006
Tallahassee, Florida
I believe one of those new homes currently under construction in Seaside, located to the west of the Pizza Bar, has a full basement being built. I know of only one building which was approved with underground parking, but I haven't seen it and don't know if it was even built.

I believe that the new home on the northeast corner of Tupelo and Grove in Seaside has a full basement. I heard that part of it is going to be a wine cellar.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
The poured concrete rooms for refuge during storms is a great idea. A builder (not one working with Viridian) said he didn't want to build underground parking for risk and liability. I guess everyone has a different idea/ideal on this.

Kind of doubt it's for that, you'd have to pretty stupid to ride out a hurricane on the coast in a basement.

Heard Ritz-Carlton was interested in taking it over.

Ah the old Ritz-Carlton is coming to town rumor. :D

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
Nah, it's the Viridian. Check their Facebook page.

I doubt if I'm the only one who thinks it's a Lose-Lose tradeoff to gain one more upscale restaurant and lose Seagrove Market.

You are not the only one...........

jpbhen

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2005
Seagrove/Cincinnati
You are not the only one...........

ummmmmm . . . wasn't it just a few weeks ago that there was a thread about seagrove village mkt looking like it was closed, with assurances following that it was only temporary, and sort of a "pay no attention to the workmen or tools or bobcats behind the curtain . . ."?? so what's REALLY up?