• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
The sign is a couple months old. The only sign of construction is that they have cleared the northern portion of the property, at least all of the undergrowth.

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc
A couple of years ago, I heard they were wanting to provide underground parking, which is silliness on the Coast. Anyone else heard this rumor?

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
The original plans did call for underground parking. They wanted to maximize the amount of units they could fit on a very limited area. The plans have morphed a lot due to the economic times. The present day plans are to build the restaurant part first, and then build the hotel condo units in a phase two. I don't know if the retail and standard condo units are still part of the plan or not, and I'm not even sure if the underground parking is still a part of it. George Hartley and Chip Haring are the main partners in this. They are both real fine guys intensely interested in the welfare of Seagrove. Their ideas were right in line with the surge we were all feeling back in '04, but their timing just didn't dovetail with the economic crash.

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc
The original plans did call for underground parking. They wanted to maximize the amount of units they could fit on a very limited area. The plans have morphed a lot due to the economic times. The present day plans are to build the restaurant part first, and then build the hotel condo units in a phase two. I don't know if the retail and standard condo units are still part of the plan or not, and I'm not even sure if the underground parking is still a part of it. George Hartley and Chip Haring are the main partners in this. They are both real fine guys intensely interested in the welfare of Seagrove. Their ideas were right in line with the surge we were all feeling back in '04, but their timing just didn't dovetail with the economic crash.

Thanks. I'm glad they aren't attempting underground parking - nightmare in a big storm, most likely.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I believe one of those new homes currently under construction in Seaside, located to the west of the Pizza Bar, has a full basement being built. I know of only one building which was approved with underground parking, but I haven't seen it and don't know if it was even built.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I believe one of those new homes currently under construction in Seaside, located to the west of the Pizza Bar, has a full basement being built. I know of only one building which was approved with underground parking, but I haven't seen it and don't know if it was even built.

It's not a full basement, looks like a wine cellar or panic room. There is a half basement or crawl space south of the full height "room".

Andante in Seacrest has underground parking as does and the Western most condo complex on Big Redfish lake (can't recall the name) has underground parking. The gulf front units of Adagio have underground parking as well.

As long as the drainage is there it shouldn't be a problem in a storm unless the storm surge is high enough to flood them. In most cases it would have to be a catastrophic hurricane to get that high.