• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

photocat2012

Beach Crab
Aug 26, 2012
That's news to me. If that's how they view it, it would be really nice if they would stick with the phrase voluntary evacuation, or recommended evacuation, or even strongly recommended. Mandatory takes away options.

Mandatory evacuations generally mean, don't expect help if you need it from emergency services (fire, police, rescue). I think this is reasonable as first responders already risk their lives in many circumstances under normal weather conditions for most of us. It is unfair for them to put their lives in further jeopardy under such circumstances. Unless you are arrested, I don't think there is any law on the book that can force you from your home.

sue

i.e. I think it is basically is a fancy way of saying "you are on your own!"

Last edited:

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Mandatory evacuations generally mean, don't expect help if you need it from emergency services (fire, police, rescue). I think this is reasonable as first responders already risk their lives in many circumstances under normal weather conditions for most of us. It is unfair for them to put their lives in further jeopardy under such circumstances. Unless you are arrested, I don't think there is any law on the book that can force you from your home.

sue

i.e. I think it is basically is a fancy way of saying "you are on your own!"

thanks! totally agree.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
417496_3626268542517_1086309365_n.jpg

I love this photo taken today of Navarre Pier by Richard S., on NWF Daily News fb.

Last edited:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
I am finding each and every place I can to send a prayer out to the good people of Louisiana. Never, ever underestimate the power of any storm.