• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Professor

Beach Comber
May 20, 2021
Santa Rosa Beach
Did you attend the meeting or watch it online? If you did, you'd know.
I do not have the time to make a running list, but for starters...two commissioners were tasked with improper county vehicle fuel procedures and those two do not even use a county vehicle. They confused Tony Anderson with a Public Works employee by the same name. And the only time alcohol was placed on a pcard, it was two bottles of beer at a meeting and it was paid back as soon as the commissioner found out that part of a meal was disallowed. There is much more. Most of it could have been cleared up if the auditors had taken the time to discuss their findings with the board, or at least conducted an exit interview. Alas, that wasnt done.
I'm sure there have been accidental mistakes, and those will be found and corrected. I'm equally sure there is no intentional impropiety. Not because they are elected officials, but because we know four of them very, very well.
How many years did you work for the county? You’re personal friends with these commissioners, correct?

Professor

Beach Comber
May 20, 2021
Santa Rosa Beach
I welcome a complete forensic audit of the county top to bottom, starting with the BCC. And the apologists who are buddies with the commissioners should welcome this as well. Right?

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
The report is now under review by the Office of The State Attorney.

Pretty sure the newspaper stories state it's already been reviewed and the state attorney's office (he's buddies with the majority) has said they won't pursue it.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
The report is now under review by the Office of The State Attorney.

Pretty sure the newspaper stories state it's already been reviewed and the state attorney's office (he's buddies with the majority) and they said they weren't pursuing it.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Pretty sure the newspaper stories state it's already been reviewed and the state attorney's office (he's buddies with the majority) and they said they weren't pursuing it.
Pretty sure the State Attorney is Ginger Bowden Madden

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
DUH.. How well do you know them… You’re so defensive of them so you must know them very very well
If you grew up here, you'd know all of them pretty well. My husband worked with three of them, graduated from high school with two of them, and I attended high school with one of them. My best friend works for another one of them and gives me a hug wherever he sees me. They are all welcome at my home anytime, but now they have to be careful about attending things together. Is that close enough for you?

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
How many years did you work for the county? You’re personal friends with these commissioners, correct?
I worked for the Clerk's office, not the county. But yes, between high school, my spouse's 30+ year career in the WCSO and hanging around Nick's every chance we get, we know them pretty well. I'm amazed at all the people who DON'T know them.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
I welcome a complete forensic audit of the county top to bottom, starting with the BCC. And the apologists who are buddies with the commissioners should welcome this as well. Right?
As long as it includes all the constitutional offices, in particular the County Clerk's office, yes. But be warned it is horrifically expensive.