• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

robertsondavies

Beach Fanatic
Apr 16, 2006
Shel, are you going to sell your CROX down here, or are you going to buy some more. Having covered my short on it, I was thinking of going long ...

Sandcastle

Beach Fanatic
Jan 6, 2006
Tallahassee, Florida
:D funny.

At least you didn't buy it at $80....so what's your exit strategy?

Nope. I bought at $52.

I?m terrible at timing tops and bottoms, so I usually just buy and hold -- that goes for beach houses, too. It?s too easy to get whipsawed trading stocks.

That said, if JOE ever approaches $50 I might sell and buy some more ACAS if it stays below $40. I like dividends. I also like gin, so I might just fill my trailer with cases of Beefeater and forget about the ACAS.:D

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Shel, are you going to sell your CROX down here, or are you going to buy some more. Having covered my short on it, I was thinking of going long ...

Bob,

You must have been on vacation during Oct/Nov:

[ame="http://sowal.com/bb/showpost.php?p=311381&postcount=18"]SoWal Beaches Forum - View Single Post - New developments in PCB?[/ame]

I've been out :cool:

Looks like a JOE vs CROX horserace is sizing up. I'd bet on CROX, but that's history now and I've moved on.

robertsondavies

Beach Fanatic
Apr 16, 2006
good trade Mischelle, good trade. I didn't realize you had such tight stops on it, because I thought you were a big believer in the 'story'. I may now from time to time refer to you as the Oracle of Freeport.

destinsm

Beach Lover
May 23, 2006
Where do we go from here? JOE below 26 today...

I guess drsvelte got his limit order at 26 that goofer said would never be done.... (posts 2-6 in this thread that started in july '07)

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Where did this article appear on Sowal? I vaguely remember somebody running these numbers down in a string, almost.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/93420-st-joe-company-a-clear-case-of-overpromising

It's easy to make your argument work when you assume, make-up, and basically pull numbers out of your arse. Is a short on JOE a good idea right now. Definitely with the housing market continuing to drop. However if it is a long term buy and hold why sell now?

You don't lose money in Stock unless you sell them when they are down or the company goes bankrupt.