• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Romeosmydog

Beach Fanatic
Nov 6, 2007
here
As far as the contract worker. It is simply because she was hired as a part-time teacher. All part-time teachers are entered into the system as contact workers.

DaleDalbey

Beach Fanatic
Nov 1, 2011
She should understand that her actions set a terrible example. The best thing she can do is set an example by resigning and telling the kids not to make the same mistakes she has.

j p nettles

Banned
Jul 1, 2012
Ebro
I'll admit to having personal issues with Carlene Anderson. She ended my wife's 32 year teaching career in 2010 and
I've tried unsuccessfully to get answers and I've been highly critical of her rule of fear and intimidation. Good former
teachers are not rehired although the collective bargaining agreement says that non renewed annual contract teachers
would receive "first consideration" when positions become available. Why wasn't a non-renewed former teacher put in
this position? My wife has applied for more than 100 positions in the last 3 years and so have other former teachers.
In January, my wife personally left two applications with Butler Elementary School and the applications were "lost"
according to the school. When a position was posted in February, 2013, my wife asked me to personally deliver an
application to Mrs. Alford at the district office in DeFuniak Springs, which I did. A day or two later I received a call from
a Sheriff's deputy stating that Mrs. Anderson had reported to Sheriff Atkinson that I had illegally recorded the conversation
with Mrs. Alford and I denied making a recording but I was instructed by the deputy that Mrs. Anderson was going to
file charges if I didn't be quiet and I was also threatened with a restraining order that would bar me from setting foot
on any school property, which I assume would also mean attending any board meetings. I'll give a statement under
oath to these facts. I would also like an opportunity to face Mrs. Anderson, Mrs. Alford and Sheriff Atkinson in a public
forum to address these strong arm tactics. The bottom line is, don't criticize Walton County's public officials or you
will be threatened with prosecution.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
She can file charges all day long, but we still live in a country that requires proof of guilt. Without said recording, if it exists, she's blowing smoke.

meggiemom

Beach Lover
Jun 24, 2012
Walton
She can file charges all day long, but we still live in a country that requires proof of guilt. Without said recording, if it exists, she's blowing smoke.
If the same thing happenend to me I would be scared to death. Some of us arent lawyers and polititicians who are cozy with one another can bully people. And from what I've heard from friends, other parents and friends who are teachers. Mrs. Anderson is a bully.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
If the same thing happenend to me I would be scared to death. Some of us arent lawyers and polititicians who are cozy with one another can bully people. And from what I've heard from friends, other parents and friends who are teachers. Mrs. Anderson is a bully.

I'm far from an attorney or a politician. I'd be lucky if a county employee remembered my name. I was however taught to stand up to Bully's.

Maggie71

Beach Crab
Sep 25, 2013
They gave her a sub so she could try and rally support with-in the school.

Who the heck is pushing this fool? Why try so hard. Who is she connected to or does she have information on. Who do they think they are fooling in trying to push this woman on a school district and innocent kids?

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Instead of debating this on social media, parents of students at SWHS should contact the school and the district offices with their concerns, asking for an official explanation and making a complaint if necessary. From what I am hearing, there is lots of chatter but SWHS parents aren't calling the school with their concerns. I am not sure if any of the posters on this thread or the posters commenting on the Walton Sun article or on Drunken Brawlers have kids at SWHS, but if they are spending their time armchair quarterbacking it on FB, they should have the time to contact the school and ask for answers from the source.
I would like to see the district and the school at least issue some sort of public statement with the facts of the situation and how they plan to deal with it.

meggiemom

Beach Lover
Jun 24, 2012
Walton
Instead of debating this on social media, parents of students at SWHS should contact the school and the district offices with their concerns, asking for an official explanation and making a complaint if necessary. From what I am hearing, there is lots of chatter but SWHS parents aren't calling the school with their concerns. I am not sure if any of the posters on this thread or the posters commenting on the Walton Sun article or on Drunken Brawlers have kids at SWHS, but if they are spending their time armchair quarterbacking it on FB, they should have the time to contact the school and ask for answers from the source.
I would like to see the district and the school at least issue some sort of public statement with the facts of the situation and how they plan to deal with it.
Have you bothered to look at the documentation of this woman's criminal record? Mrs. Anderson's explanation that she "passed" a background check is thin. How does one pass a criminal background check?