• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

seacrestkristi

Beach Fanatic
Nov 27, 2005
Lady D :bang: Have you seen the turtle posts throughout this thread. :dunno: You're a critter :love: er, aren't you? Someone throw me a line here puhleeez? Why would you care if somone drinks a beer in your chair on the 'private':nono1: beach? :dunno:Have you checked out the 'Led Away in Handcuffs' thread about 'private' beaches?

Last edited:

Lady D

SoWal Insider
Jun 21, 2005
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Lady D :bang: Have you seen the turtle posts throughout this thread. :dunno: You're a critter :love: er, aren't you? Someone throw me a line here puhleeez? Why would you care if somone drinks a beer in your chair on the 'private':nono1: beach? :dunno:

Yeah, I love critters seacrestkristi, and I have read the turtles posts throughout this thread, and the only turtle nesting area that we see anyway near us is down towards Pinnacle Port and it is roped off with a sign stating such. People are constantly walking the beach at night, at least we see many when sitting out on our deck at night, does that not disturb the turtles also? It wasn't so much them sitting in our chairs as them leaving the bottles out there for us to have to clean up. But I'm not getting into the ongoing arguments in this thread at all. We won't be leaving them out there anymore if they are threatening to remove peoples tents and chairs and umbrellas that are left out overnight, despite the fact we are on a private stretch of beach. Not replying anymore on this thread, too many harsh words going on between other posters.

Caroling

Beach Fanatic
..., and the only turtle nesting area that we see anyway near us is down towards Pinnacle Port and it is roped off with a sign stating such.

Turtles can come ashore anywhere here. They will be successful if the beach is clear. There is no specific nesting area. OK, I'm not a turtle watch person, but this is the understanding I have.

pmd8

Beach Lover
Jul 27, 2005
I should have said, "Is it really a big deal to tote your junk back every day?"

Unless you're disabled in some way, it's laziness and lack of consideration for others, including turtles.

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
It is amazing to me that people think it is okay to leave things on the beach. Would you leave them in a city park? At a ball field after the game is over?
Is there anywhere else that you would leave your stuff when you have left?

If not, then why do you think it's okay to leave it on the beach?

It is beyond my comprehension. It would never occur to me to leave my chair on the beach when I am leaving the beach.

dsilvar

Beach Fanatic
Jan 12, 2006
Miramar beach
It is amazing to me that people think it is okay to leave things on the beach. Would you leave them in a city park? At a ball field after the game is over?
Is there anywhere else that you would leave your stuff when you have left?

If not, then why do you think it's okay to leave it on the beach?

It is beyond my comprehension. It would never occur to me to leave my chair on the beach when I am leaving the beach.

Never mind leaving their "things" on the beach...but their garbage? right where they sit? from peanut shells and cigarette butts to condoms and toilets!! And the SLT's..****ty little toys.
I know pigs do it.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
I'm not really sure where this went so crazy, but the bottom line is very simple...PLEASE REMOVE ALL YOUR STUFF FROM THE BEACH AT THE END OF THE DAY. IMH, if you want to carry/drive your entire house contents down to the beach, go ahead. Just take it back with you, along with your trash from the day, or the JUDGE will fine you. :D

Also...turtles cannot read, so public v. private makes no sense to them...or me for that matter.

Last edited:

John R

needs to get out more
Dec 31, 2005
Conflictinator
Yeah, I love critters seacrestkristi, and I have read the turtles posts throughout this thread, and the only turtle nesting area that we see anyway near us is down towards Pinnacle Port and it is roped off with a sign stating such. People are constantly walking the beach at night, at least we see many when sitting out on our deck at night, does that not disturb the turtles also? It wasn't so much them sitting in our chairs as them leaving the bottles out there for us to have to clean up. But I'm not getting into the ongoing arguments in this thread at all. We won't be leaving them out there anymore if they are threatening to remove peoples tents and chairs and umbrellas that are left out overnight, despite the fact we are on a private stretch of beach. Not replying anymore on this thread, too many harsh words going on between other posters.

gonna try to warp my head around the logic of this one. As a beachfront owner, and a poster on this thread, you're fully aware of the hazards stuff left on the beach pose to the turtles. The turtles respect your private beach and don't nest there. If people didn't use your chairs and leave their litter for you to deal with, you'd still leave your stuff down there, despite the ordinance and the aforementioned hazards. finally, you're only moving your stuff due to the threat of losing it.