• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach
First regarding the 20 year comment:

"In Florida, the statute of limitations is seven years for adverse
possession, while the statute of limitations for prescriptive easements is twenty years." See this and search for the above text.

Second regarding a quote above: "...including beaches below mean high water lines.."
I and nobody else is disputing this so why bring it up?
:doh: My bad, got confused with wet sand, dry sand, high water, low water, mean lines............:wacko:
This is almost as complicated as the butt coverage laws.

However, I did find your link interesting in that author states that Florida needs to dip their toes in the rough surf and revisit the Public Trust doctrine, the obvious.

Last edited:

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
:doh: My bad, got confused with wet sand, dry sand, high water, low water, mean lines............:wacko:

However, but I did find your link interesting in that author states that Florida needs to dip their toes in the rough surf and revisit the Public Trust doctrine.
Not a problem. And that's the whole point, we can beat each other up here on SoWal all day (and all night;-) ) long and nothing will change (except maybe feelings). It must be decided in court ONE WAY or ANOTHER based on case law and based on ACTUAL facts, not what people think or feel.

I was thinking about a question SJ asked me earlier: Why I haven't posted signs and run people off yet. I dodged the question somewhat and answered that it is an association issue (which it is).

But in reality, we have more problems with the people across the street coming through our property and parking lot and walkover than with the general public making their way down to our area of the beach (decent hike when loaded). So gates were put up which stopped the traffic from across the street.

It hasn't been a real issue for us YET as very few, if any, people on the beach don't belong to the condos other than people walking along the beach.

Redfish Village will change that eventually and our signs will probably go up then. Then it will become similar to the Retreat / Inn at Blue Mountain Beach situation.

Night night!

Jul 16, 2007
Take a look at my new video on YOUTUBE at
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEA7IwiJf98"]YouTube - Fighting to keep Florida beaches Public[/ame]

The voice is the best for now, maybe with some suggestions presentations will improve

I don't check this blof often so please email me with questions or concerns through my website at
www.publicshore.com

krafty

Beach Lover
Jul 16, 2005
North Dakota
Kingdom Law Rules :whack: :chill: ;-) !!!!!!!!!!!

I agree!!

Speaking as a tourist who will NEVER own ocean/gulf front property, I would much rather spend my hard earned dollars visiting a state that goes to great lengths to let me know I am welcome on any beach in the state (including beaches that front 5 star resorts and homes worth millions) than a state that warns me to stay on the wet sand or face being arrested!!

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
Like I said earlier BMBV If I had a listing that said "private beach" I would remove the remarks right away. I would also be concerned if I had sold a peice and made a claim of a private beach. I see allot more liability there then selling property to people and showing them there deeded beach access conncected to supposed "private" beaches.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
BMBV,
The SELLERS are the one who need to be disclosing material facts for the sale of their property, in the Real Property Disclosure Statements.

You can bet that I will be pointing out the craziness of the two thoughts of the beach ownership to anyone and everyone I can, including those who are buying property, and I might even encourage them to peacefully sit on the beach and enjoy a sunset, if they are willing to make a stand and possibly be arrested and taken to court, or face a lawsuit for damages by the property owner.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
In answer to your question BlueMtBeach Vagrant, I have owned #8 at Sea Bluff since 1991. Our board, has never taken a direct position on use of our beach but NOBODY has been asked EVER to move. We do frown on the use of our walkover to access the beach, however, because of liabilty and other issues. The beach at the bottom of the bluff should be for EVERYONE as long as they are courteous and respectful. It is my opion, since I served to protect everyone's freedoms and rights, that the beach should be available to all. You can't build on it, you can't farm it and you can't do anything but sit on it and play on it. All should be able to do that.

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
Take a look at my new video on YOUTUBE at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEA7IwiJf98

The voice is the best for now, maybe with some suggestions presentations will improve

I don't check this blof often so please email me with questions or concerns through my website at
www.publicshore.com
Well that was so enlightening! Gosh I learned all kinds of things...I had no idea. And what a crap production (John R, someone desperately needs your services!!!!) for somthing as IMPORTANT as this!

Folks, don't waste 4 minutes and 29 seconds of your life looking at this. It's ALL been said before. I know everyone will now look at it since I criticize it. So if you do, all I can say is "I told you so".

Constructively speaking, Bobby, you really need to align yourself with someone more effective if you want to move your view along.