• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
You know popcorn has a lot of calories! If you're waiting for "some action" in response to Andy A., I'm sorry but you will be disappointed (or get fat). I have no repsonse as he stated his opinion and why. He is a neighbor and I'll respect his opinion.

An opinion is a far cry from total and intentional misinterpretation of our laws as they are.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
With the exception of security guards trying to dictate where people can be, it was Chamber of Commerce kind of afternoon.

Jul 16, 2007
'are permits required from the DEP to post signs on the beach? '

The DEP permits location of signs, but what is written on the signs is not their business. So you can pretty much write whatever you like as long as code enforcement don't care. Contact the DEP for info - the # I posted this morning

I had to laugh at your story on the security guard. Is ther any way you can video it and dump it on YOUTUBE? You would be doing humanity a service

:funn:

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach
Booby J with the assistance and guidance from Flipper, Nemo, and countless ocean critters will be embarking on a week long journey cross seas to Costa Rica as they discuss "Sovereignty of the Seas, Have Humans really defined the extent of this territorial Sea"?

When they reach Costa Rica, Bobby will surf.

As told to Mango, tell the Board (in his best Terminator voice)
"I'll Be Back" :wave:

ozbeachmom

Beach Lover
Feb 8, 2007
Kansas/miramar beach
My family and I will be coming down next week. If you see someone in handcuffs with a pink baseball cap on, it is me. I will have plenty of sunscreen on so when the "LAW" puts the handcuff's on me, I will be able to slip out and run around the beach until he catches me (in the wet part of the sand mind you!!) And then I may just drop my pants and moon him! That will be one ugly sight! People may think it is some kinda sea creature washed up on the beach... This stuff is out of control, let's organize and fight the good fight... BRING IT LAW MAN! I have my lawyer on speed dial and have warned him that I may need him once again! I love a good Sit In! :D What about Marching with Signs up and down the beach!!! I am sure the media would eat that up!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Marching with signs sounds great, but in front of The Retreat, the only person who will see you is the security guard.

What should our signs state?

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Booby J with the assistance and guidance from Flipper, Nemo, and countless ocean critters will be embarking on a week long journey cross seas to Costa Rica as they discuss "Sovereignty of the Seas, Have Humans really defined the extent of this territorial Sea"?

When they reach Costa Rica, Bobby will surf.

As told to Mango, tell the Board (in his best Terminator voice)
"I'll Be Back" :wave:

Adios Bobby J!!! Enjoy those public beaches! :wave:

ozbeachmom

Beach Lover
Feb 8, 2007
Kansas/miramar beach
Marching with signs sounds great, but in front of The Retreat, the only person who will see you is the security guard.

What should our signs state?

Here are a few that I can think of right off the top of my head:

Mother Nature Called and said "Share her beach or else!"

Got Beach!

Don't be a Beach Hog

Share the Beauty

Empty the sand out of your pants and play nice!

The other ones are not so clean so I will keep those to myself!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Here are a few that I can think of right off the top of my head:

Mother Nature Called and said "Share her beach or else!"

Got Beach!

Don't be a Beach Hog

Share the Beauty

Empty the sand out of your pants and play nice!

The other ones are not so clean so I will keep those to myself!
I like the idea of some signs being marched in front of the properties, but most of the ones you mention, insinuate that the property owners have more rights to the property than I believe they actually have.

I do like the "Don't be a Beach Hog!" I wonder if I should add some nasty words. I somewhat like, "It's the Freakin' Beach, not the Private Beach," or, "Go screw yourself," or, "God's Beach," or Dave's quote, something like,"Saying you own the beach is like saying that you own the sky."

ozbeachmom

Beach Lover
Feb 8, 2007
Kansas/miramar beach
I like the idea of some signs being marched in front of the properties, but most of the ones you mention, insinuate that the property owners have more rights to the property than I believe they actually have.

I do like the "Don't be a Beach Hog!" I wonder if I should add some nasty words. I somewhat like, "It's the Freakin' Beach, not the Private Beach," or, "Go screw yourself," or, "God's Beach," or Dave's quote, something like,"Saying you own the beach is like saying that you own the sky."

Yes, we can take out Share. You are right that the word insinuates that they have more rights.

I like all the ones that you stated!

I think having t-shirts made up with a slogan and wearing those also would help.