• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

poppy

Banned
Sep 10, 2008
Miramar Beach
Aren't Seaside employees already parking offsite on 283?

30aconcerned

Beach Lover
Oct 26, 2012
The point again is that T Express request is optional for your HOA or condo association just like it is for businesses. It may be the right thing for some and not others. I assume this would (or would not) be reviewed as part of each association's yearly budget process. Seems to me this is free market principles and democracy at its best. My words about moving were ill-chosen. I should have written that if any of us are unhappy with the decisions our own HOAs make, we have options to lobby the homeowners, vote out the board of directors or any number of other options.

Your apology is graciously accepted. Thank you. Your other points are well taken. The problem with some HOA's is that they are subservient to controlling special interests and the vote of the homeowners is compromised. But that is another issue that will have to be dealt with on a HOA level.

chicagosanfran

Beach Comber
Mar 21, 2013
Here is a thought, why not issue 3 day and 7 day passes, you could buy from a kiosk, and have a smart phone app where you could buy a pass that would be in electronic format via a bar scanning code good for 3 or 7 days, so if you are near a kiosk buy the pass, and if not just buy it to your phone with a scanning code. I would be willing to buy a pass, maybe longer ones for locals, say 6 month pass, money is made and the trolley funds itself. Just a thought.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Kiosk is not a bad idea.

But, who's gonna pay for them?

Time to ask the HOAs and TDC.

chicagosanfran

Beach Comber
Mar 21, 2013
T express becomes registered charitable entity, T Express goes to see the bank and gets a loan for unmanned kiosks, T Express pays interest on loan and one day pays loan off ;). I know its a fantasy, but i can dream, T Express donates profit to Walton county charities.

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
I was thinking, just for imaging and marketing, couldn't they come up with a better name for a shuttle service than Turtle Express? People want to get placesquickly, you know? Why not Roadrunner? There's a reason why Greyhound bus didn't choose the Basset hound or chihuahua as their mascot.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I don't see the average HOA signing up for this. However, some like Watercolor or Gulf Place make more sense.

Kiosks ain't cheap. Ads considerably to the cost.

Low riders were due to the lack of advertising, word of mouth, general knowledge, confusion that it's free, etc. I'm betting the bike path didn't get much traffic the first year or two.

I love the idea and feel it should be expanded and funded by the TDC.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
I don't see the average HOA signing up for this. However, some like Watercolor or Gulf Place make more sense.

Kiosks ain't cheap. Ads considerably to the cost.

Low riders were due to the lack of advertising, word of mouth, general knowledge, confusion that it's free, etc. I'm betting the bike path didn't get much traffic the first year or two.

I love the idea and feel it should be expanded and funded by the TDC.

Good assessment. I just don't agree on the funding part. It's a business, run it like one.

Funding by any tax dollar would be wrong. The ridership was very low based on what I saw (two to three per ride). I'm sure there are conflicting numbers to support the success, but if it was successful, charge for the ride. Supply and Demand.

Demand just isn't there. Tourists will continue to drive here (not using the airport), bring down three to five vehilces per family and expect locals to accomodate their fleets. They don't care about driving to and from dinner, etc. I'm willing to be DUI Arrests were down too... That's because it is not a focus. Notice that NOW FHP is out ticketing drivers on 30a and 98, not this past summer.

Robert D

Beach Lover
Jul 2, 2008
www.seasidefl.com
It appears to be a rolling advertisement for the shuttle company. Doubt they are really worried about ridership as long as they can get their costs covered. If businesses will not cover cost they will try other means. Pushing the idea that HOAs should pay for it will get a lot of people saying that businesses or taxes should pay for it. Pretty clever ploy.