• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

robertsondavies

Beach Fanatic
Apr 16, 2006
I've never thought of a golf carts or any small recreational vehicle as "green" in any sense. its just a fun travel toy when used off the golf course. maybe its practical for some folks. but it ain't green by any means.

y'all should write your legislative rep, and push for repeal of the LSV statute if you think that's the case. Florida's LSV statute is viewed by me as progressive, but you have all pointed out a couple exceptions to the rule of them being green... like the point about coal fueled electical capacity in Florida. I agree coal fired needs to go too, and Florida is a follower in that regard. 30% of Florida's electricity is coal fired, 45% nat gas, 13 percent nuclear, and the remainder from other sources. 30% is unacceptably high.
This (the LSV) statute was debated on this very issue in the FLorida legislature, meaningful debate. The evidence the scientists brought in was overwhelmingly supportive that LSV's were "better" .... from a carbon perspective... but your point stands.

I implore you to follow your heart, and go to Tallahassee and push for repeal the LSV statute...make Walton County proud.

robertsondavies

Beach Fanatic
Apr 16, 2006
If an LSV is losing its charge and slows down below 25 mph it should be legal for a motorized vehicle (read car) to give it a little "nudge" to help it along it's merry way.:D

Would you do that to a cyclist too? I know you're joking kinda, but i mean come on. We're talking about a 1.2 Mile stretch of 45 MPH pavement. It was suggested I move to Sandestin for lowering the speed limit on that stretch LOL:clap:

robertsondavies

Beach Fanatic
Apr 16, 2006
some things are best left as is, 30A is at the top of the list.

YouTube- Reefer Madness

love the subtitles

the world is a going stark crazy with these youngins, with their pot smokin and their LSD errr LSV embracing ways.

damn the solar panels... did you know petroleum fossil fuel was used in the production of dem damn Polysicon solar panels!!!!!!!!!!!! Its true I tell ya, TRUE!!!!

Last edited:

robvanepps

Beach Lover
Aug 7, 2008
Santa Rosa Bch
RAISE DA LIMITS!!!!
.......all the blue hairs are slowin me up already as it is!

If we were going any slower, we'd be going backwards!

Last edited:

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Would you do that to a cyclist too? I know you're joking kinda, but i mean come on. We're talking about a 1.2 Mile stretch of 45 MPH pavement. It was suggested I move to Sandestin for lowering the speed limit on that stretch LOL:clap:

For the record there are about 4 miles of 45mph on Scenic 30A.

Just Curious

Beach Fanatic
Apr 22, 2009

It's not just the 4 miles of 45 mph; its the 17 miles or so of getting stuck behind some LSV going at its top speed of 25 mph.

robertsondavies

Beach Fanatic
Apr 16, 2006
It's not just the 4 miles of 45 mph; its the 17 miles or so of getting stuck behind some LSV going at its top speed of 25 mph.

Exactly. So what many of you would like to see, is a Walton County rollback of the LSVability on the 17 miles or so that LSV's are allowed on currently,, not just being against making the last 4 miles uniform.

I don't think the areas west of Grayton need to be reduced, so I'd confine my request/interest as the 1.2 miles alongside Watersound/Deer Lake Park. Don't need the other 2.8 miles down by the school & hwy 98 etc, or west of Grayton anywhere, although a few may like that reduced too - let's keep those 2.8 miles of refreshing 45 MPH traffic for now.

My own opinion, subject to change, is it would make the resort, a more cohesive resort area, from Grayton to Rosemary, each community having its own flavor, but each reachable by many modes of transport, including some fairly environmentally light footed options.

This morning, I'm reading in the WSJ, about some of the concept cars coming out. BMW is introducing a Beach Mini, which would be perfect for the area, and of course would go well more than 45MPH.

I'll reiterate my agreement with all that slow Golf Carts, should not be on 30A at all, that they have to attain a minimum speed requirement and road worthiness which ought to be strictly enforced over time. Obviously a good number of you have encountered the bad golf cart, driven by idiots, going way too slow, slowing you down scenario. I've not encountered that problem yet (for me I'm typically slowed down by traffic volume or bikers) but have to acknowledge that it must be a real issue that needs to be fully addressed

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
Historic Old Point Washington
Your objective is obvious and selfish. You want the speed limit lowered, it appears just in your community so you can drive a golf cart on 30A. I don't see the LSV thing as progressive for our community until the LSV's are modified for speed and safety.