• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

robertsondavies

Beach Fanatic
Apr 16, 2006
Your arguments are so ludicrous that you are alienating even the people who support LSVs and other green technologies.

Why not discuss the content of the arguments, instead of sitting in judgment of their merits.
but oh no, I'm ludicrous for supporting the Friends of 30A proposal, to make the last 10% of 30A LSV amenable . HA, what a joke -

Scooterbugger,

Perhaps you could petition and / or picket both parties in the Florida, California and other progressive legistlatures that have passed LSV' statutes in bipartisan votes - let them know how obviously ludicrous it is to you and your well informed cronies. Perhaps you can make a name for South Walton, as the New Urban too smart to to fall for unecessary Green LSV', or for unecessary mostly vacant and ungreen towns like those that exist on 30A in the first place. Bulldoze it all.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
This is one of those times when you type a response, think about it, and hit "delete."

Time to get ready to go to the REP anyway.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Why not discuss the content of the arguments, instead of sitting in judgment of their merits.
but oh no, I'm ludicrous for supporting the Friends of 30A proposal, to make the last 10% of 30A LSV amenable . HA, what a joke -

Scooterbugger,

Perhaps you could petition and / or picket both parties in the Florida, California and other progressive legistlatures that have passed LSV' statutes in bipartisan votes - let them know how obviously ludicrous it is to you and your well informed cronies. Perhaps you can make a name for South Walton, as the New Urban too smart to to fall for unecessary Green LSV', or for unecessary mostly vacant and ungreen towns like those that exist on 30A in the first place. Bulldoze it all.

In all the arguements and discussions I have read on SoWal in the last couple of years, there is no one that has been so incomprehensibly alienating as you. You have opinions that few, if any, of the people on this forum agree with, and yet you rant and rave about how right you are and how stupid we are. Give it a rest. Your view of this subject is simply lacking common sense. Give it a rest.

Last edited:

Pirate

Beach Fanatic
Jan 2, 2006

Scooterbugger,

I have to admit that I have not been on in a while, but this is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever read here. I actually have a GEM car at my place too. Drive the speed limit, or get off the road.

robertsondavies

Beach Fanatic
Apr 16, 2006
In all the arguements and discussions I have read on SoWal in the last couple of years, there is no one that has been so incomprehensibly alienating as you. You have opinions that few, if any, of the people on this forum agree with, and yet you rant and rave about how right you are and how stupid we are. Give it a rest. Your view of this subject is simply lacking common sense. Give it a rest.

Such an anti progressive majority, you apparently have here. Fine, if you're all together on it, then Walton County can lead the charge against the use of smaller, fuel effecient vehicles. I would find it odd and actually comical to see the home of New Urbanism, lead the way to preserve the dominance of the Nissan Armada. You can be the anti progressive to take the podium, to represent the overwhelming majority that you represent. Turn back the tide on small vehicles!! " Let it be known that if you support LSVs, incessantly, you are both in the "minority" and are alienating and rubbing us the wrong way. "

Neighborhood Electric Vehicles...NEV...LSV...ZEV...GEM... | FixingThePlanet.com

LSV Road Use Legislative Developments ? Small, Task-Oriented Vehicles (STOV)

VerdeGoh! Electric Vehicles - FAQ's

Innovation Times Nov/Dec 2008: Whither the LSV? A Concept in Search of a Wider Market (IUV Magazine Article)

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/rulings/lsv/lsv.html

John R

needs to get out more
Dec 31, 2005
Conflictinator
Whether you are considered a raving lunatic or a hero, all depends on the outcome.

(For me) The one overriding factor regarding LSV's on 30A comes down to one thing: Distraction. I believe the primary user on 30A would be someone who does not live here. There is too much happening on 30A for these vehicles to be safe.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Smartcars, green cars, tiny european cars, or whatever they may be called - these are a terrific idea on 30A and beyond. This is where we need to be going - small electric, fuel efficient cars. New technologies are here and they are still emerging. We will all be driving the tiny cars eventually. Those cars will be designed for travel on all types of roads like the smartcar.

A golf cart or a four wheeler or whatever - these are little recreational vehicles people use for fun on the golf course or in a designated neighborhood. why would they ever need to be allowed on a highway or any kind of road used by autos and trucks? If we want to design our highways to have an extra lane for these, fine. but even then - how far do you really want to go in a golf cart? I don't get it.

robertsondavies

Beach Fanatic
Apr 16, 2006
Whether you are considered a raving lunatic or a hero, all depends on the outcome.

(For me) The one overriding factor regarding LSV's on 30A comes down to one thing: Distraction. I believe the primary user on 30A would be someone who does not live here. There is too much happening on 30A for these vehicles to be safe.

Fair enough. I'll grant you that having the population swell so dramatically in the summer is cause for distraction, and a big swell in traffic and potential for accidents. It's all a recipe for trouble, but it kind of comes with the territory of a resort area does it not, and don't a lot of folks actually depend on that swell of traffic as much as it may distract?

If Walton County makes 100% (currently around 80%) of 30A LSV friendly, you'll see a dramatic increase of LSV's on the roads in South Walton - I think that would be cool, green, New Urbane, and progressive.

Yes, I too wish people would simply walk or bike everywhere too. That would be preferable. I'd sooner see So Wal support a ban of all vehicles including LSV's, than gain the spotlight for beaitng back the LSV tide - but apparently the majority is forming strongly on the right, agin LSV's:cool:

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Such an anti progressive majority, you apparently have here. Fine, if you're all together on it, then Walton County can lead the charge against the use of smaller, fuel effecient vehicles. I would find it odd and actually comical to see the home of New Urbanism, lead the way to preserve the dominance of the Nissan Armada. You can be the anti progressive to take the podium, to represent the overwhelming majority that you represent. Turn back the tide on small vehicles!! " Let it be known that if you support LSVs, incessantly, you are both in the "minority" and are alienating and rubbing us the wrong way. "

Neighborhood Electric Vehicles...NEV...LSV...ZEV...GEM... | FixingThePlanet.com

LSV Road Use Legislative Developments ? Small, Task-Oriented Vehicles (STOV)

VerdeGoh! Electric Vehicles - FAQ's

Innovation Times Nov/Dec 2008: Whither the LSV? A Concept in Search of a Wider Market (IUV Magazine Article)

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/rulings/lsv/lsv.html
What a crock! You are really all about money not green in my estimation. I drive a new Nissan Versa. It is a small economical car but you fail to mention that if LSV's were allowed on 30A it would probably not prohibit the gas powered ones as well which would put out far more pollution than my Versa. Green, my butt! Its all about money.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
robertsondavies,

With all due respect how far is the rental you are trying to keep out of foreclosure from the beach?