• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bob

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2004
O'Wal
Since I can find nothing good to say about Beach Rentals of South Walton, I will refrain from negativity. Have always had good luck w/ Rivard.

Carter

Beach Comber
May 20, 2005
Marin County, CA
LL- We may have crossed paths that same 18th-25th week LL, but based on a previous post you were proibably already back 'home' with the days catch when I was just waking up...

We were right on 30-A directly across from the shops/gossip coffee shop in dune allen in a property called INN-Spire-D (Rivard). Awesome 6BR gulf front property - although rumor is that it just sold to someone who will take out of rental pool.

I can't say I was thrilled with Rivard mgt either (maybe I'll try dune allen realty next time?), although some of Rivards staff are great and the property, if anything was even better than they advertised.

Landlocked

Beach Fanatic
May 16, 2005
Alabama
Well thats good news. I'm glad y'all had a good time. I know we did!

Rita

margarita brocolia
Dec 1, 2004
Dune Allen Beach
"We were right on 30-A directly across from the shops/gossip coffee shop in dune allen in a property called INN-Spire-D (Rivard)."

Carter

How was the beach in that area?

Last edited:

Rather B Paddlin

Beach Lover
Feb 15, 2005
I have used several rental/management agencies in the area. I have never used Rivard, but neighbors have had moderately good things to says about them. We contract everything out on our own now after the misery of working with some of the agencies listed as well as another not mentioned. After you get past the "Hi ye'all we'ill take care of your house as if it was our own now", the following is what to expect from these agencies.

Very little effort in booking. Call an agency sometime and try to book your own house as a naive renter. You will be shocked.

Guests sometimes have to wait several hours after the promised check in time to get the keys to the house because of the long lines at the agencies or the house is not cleaned until late in the evening on check in day. This happens to 75% of the prime season check ins.

Not being able to find the keys to the house when guests check in.Yes this actually happened. Long story - but a locksmith had to be called, the guest figured out how to get into the house with out a key.

Terrible cleaning services including beds missing sheets or sheets not changed on beds.

Charging for work not performed such as changing a/c filters and light bulbs.

Leaving the the owners storage area unlocked for guests to access.

Not boarding the house during hurricane prep. After the fact, an a agency manager actually told me that they were a rental agency not a property management agency. Hmmm thats reassuring.

You get the point. I have many more instances of poor effort and a poor job done. Its the rule , not the exception.

There is good news!!!!!

There are a lot of good people in the area who will provide services needed and do a great job. Do yourself a favor, go down to the area for several days do some research, then interview the service companies of interest. Ultimately, You will end up with less stress.

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach
We have a couple of houses with Southern Resorts and they are doing a very good job. Had a terrible experience with Rivard and have heard very bad things about Beach Rentals.

Southern Resorts does little things that other agencies don't. For instance, they pick up the garbage on check-out day so the new guests have empty garbage cans. Most other agencies don't do this and as a result, the garbage cans are overflowing with other peoples' garbage, which is rather disgusting.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Let's keep hearsay out of it. Firsthand only - good or bad.

I hear a LOT of info - good and bad, but mostly it seems the bad is the cost of doing business. When people ask me who to use I tell them to go to several places and do their homework.

http://sowal.com/rental-agencies.html

BTW - I hear more bad stories about owners and renters and subs than I do about rental agents. In this crazy market you might want to take what you hear with a grain of salt. Competition has gotten fierce and so has the workload.

I tell everyone, whether you rent yourself or through an agent, you have to do some marketing on your own. Here's a page with some tips:
http://www.mooncreek.com/rentals.html

Last edited:

tynanr

Beach Crab
Jul 10, 2005
We currently use Dune Allen Realty and they have worked well for us. The house is in Dune Allen which may help the situation. Overall, they booked the house this season and follow through on the basics. Doesnt sound like a big deal but I can say from first hand experience that this doesnt always happen. We started with Beach Rentals of South Walton and received the worst service I have experienced in my personal life and professional career. They basically were incapable of even returning a phone call let alone the more difficult actions of booking the house and, believe it or not, charging customers for the stay. The differences are basic but can be staggering.