• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Arkiehawg

Beach Fanatic
Jul 14, 2007
SoWal
Good article.....

I suspect that M.Vick will not learn from this. Once he is out of jail, I imagine that he will be problematic for the remainder of his life....no matter how long...or short...:sosad:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Good one, nohall! I guess the Vick #7 jersey will become the new fur coat of the south. The thugs who have the fighting Pit Bulls will all be wearing them, and other people will be throwing paint on them. Well, maybe this isn't a good analogy. :lol:

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
One of my good friends sent me this e-mail today and doesn't mind if I reprint it here:

If you are tired of the behavior of pro football players -- think of M. Vick and his pit bulls, here's how you can complain to the NFL. Call 212-450-2000. You do get a live person, just say you want to make a statement regarding Michael Vick, she will transfer you to PR where you do get a recording. Apparently this number has been publish around the country and they are getting thousands of calls. I am a true lover of pro football, but the Vick incident was the final blow for me. These jerks make millions of dollars a year and behave like common hoods. I am tired of it.

I personally think it's worth complaining about.

Thanks for the number, I called. I definitely think that the thousands of Americans that support the NFL and its sponsors need to make a statement.

I also asked for a call back, anyone think I will hear from them. :roll:

Last edited:

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
This is what we look for, for people to take a stand for what is right and admit they made a mistake," said Charles Steele, president of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference.

Then he can give his millions to charity, sell all his expensive houses, cars, jewelry for charity and go to Africa to help the starving masses. Only then, maybe he might have some redeeming qualities.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
"This is what we look for, for people to take a stand for what is right and admit they made a mistake," said Charles Steele, president of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference.

Since when is pleading guilty in hopes of a reduced sentence because you know you WILL be convicted "taking a stand for what is right"?

You'd think they could find some better role models/actual injustice to fight!