• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
My husband is from Madison, WI. Lots of lakes and lots of mosquitos there in the summer. They are huge. People joke that the mosquito is the state bird of Wisconsin.

Anyhow, he said that when he was a kid, a fun thing for him and his friends to do was to listen out for the mosquito truck and follow it around for miles. :bang:

Billie

Beach Comber
Jul 13, 2007
You and your neighbors can attempt to apply for a No Spray sign with the district and they will grant it if they decide to issue the taxpayers signs again. They are withholding from issuing new signs right now because they feel there is too many people who want No Spray signs and too many signs out there now. What does that tell us? Many things. I wish you luck! There is absolutely no need for a poisonous neurotoxin being sprayed on you or anyone else in your neighborhood or anywhere within our delicate ecosystem. Even if you get a No Spray sign, they still spray a liquid BTI and Round-up on your property. After their lecture the other night, they have driven down my street 3 nights in a row spraying neurotoxins. Very sad and distressing for people. I wish you luck. You can see below their brand new website and new notification system. You can obtain a No Spray sign application from them, but as I said they are withholding issuing new signs to residents at this time.

JoshandLindsey Jimenez

Beach Comber
Feb 20, 2012
Rosemary Beach
I agree with Mrs. Hyde whole heartedly. I have a teenager and have to make sure he's inside if I get a call, sometimes I get the actual call while they are spraying... I am not from the South but I live her now, I've been here for over a year and my family comes from the Northwest. I am appalled at the lack of concern for health regarding the chemicals that people so blindly consume here. In regards to food, environment, and healthcare choices.
I'm further surprised at the fact that people in the south regard education to be a top priority, and not understand the impact that spraying lethal chemicals has on our families, that not recycling has on our ecosystems that could impact some of our "comfortable" lifestyles, how eating foods with GMOs have on our health and our countries future crops, not to mention obesity, and how resorting to swallowing pills to "fix" our depression and pain instead of trying healthier options and alternative medicines first will undoubtedly not fatten your neighbors pocket.
What would happen if you did some research...if you spent time trying a healthier diet that wasnt instantaneous? What would happen if we spent the money that is being spent on the chemicals on a healthier, environmentally friendly, non-cancer producing spray? And why on earth, did we spend the money in the first place on the chemical full spray we have now?!

JoshandLindsey Jimenez

Beach Comber
Feb 20, 2012
Rosemary Beach
Doctor Jack • 3 days ago −
"Malaria" isn't caused by mosquitoes. This symptom complex is caused by lack of sanitation and mal nutrition. Put in modern plumbing, clean drinking water and fresh fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds and watch the mosquito population dwindle as would the death rate.
•Reply•Share ›

PJJ

Beach Lover
Oct 27, 2007
The complaints are only going to get worse once Jenny McCarthy is on network TV every morning.

JoshandLindsey Jimenez

Beach Comber
Feb 20, 2012
Rosemary Beach
That was a post on your article.
Was wondering why In the article they stated that when you use a pesticide and insecticides they stop working over time because the mosquitos grow resistant, and then in the next paragraph they state they should use two... sounds like another ineffective, counter active way to deal with an unfortunate situation.
Would be interesting to see, instead if going in circles and doing the same crap over and over, to try a different, healthy, environmentally safe and impact full way of co existing with this hearty insect. Seems to me they get worse when you try the chemical route.
I've been doing a little research and there already are some options for tablets that kill larvae and not any other wildlife, so they are safe to put in the lakes and ponds etc. you reapply every 30 days...it's safe for both ecosystem and humans and it's made based off mosquito genetics.
I have not had the time to investigate beyond this article but here it is in a great site:
http://www.mosquitoreviews.com/mosquito-dunks-bits.html

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Dear Mr Hudson-

Thank you for your excellent service to the community. Feel free to deploy all the spray in the Skunkape's swamp passed up by the hippies, Unitarians and yankees. I see your crew was up with the roosters this morning!