• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
Can we get hold of the cart in your picture Augie? I think it would be a good idea to place it in some conspicuous place along 30a. Maybe it would be instructional for parents,etc. of the folly of mixing these things with cars on a narrow road like 30a.

Last edited:

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
I am still trying to figure out why on earth a golf cart path is necessary in the first place (I guess I really just don't understand why golf carts are necessary in a non- golf community). And the bigger question- why is a recommendation from a 1995 study being considered over infrastructure improvements that are years behind - like the improvements and regular maintenance of the multi- use paths.

Is the family who demands that a golf cart be part of their vacation experience really the demographic we want here?

Like I said above, this is low hanging fruit for a construction company to generate some revenue. The Genesis plan was adopted, therefore, the path is felt to be needed. Money apparently exists to fund the construction (I'm not 100% sure about this but maybe a competitive grant and not truly county money, but I am not sure about this). To my knowledge nobody (local or tourist) is requesting the path be built as a quality of life project or something that will enhance the area. It is a little money grab by the construction company. The topic of using money to improve the Western Lake path (where someone is going to get killed without widening) came up and it was stated the cost would far exceed that needed to pave a little flat asphault path over empty land.

My take was that there was not a whole lot that could be done to stop the path if money is secured to build it. Unless the public flooded the organization that distributed the grant with letters and calls begging the money not be released for the purpose.

miznotebook

Beach Fanatic
Jul 8, 2009
Stone's throw from Inlet Bch
On the funding, it was stated at the workshop that it would be through DEP's Greenways and Trails program. The county wouldn't be asked for any money but would be required to provide a 20-percent match with in-kind services.

Zebraspots

Beach Fanatic
May 15, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
I don't understand that statement. Is it no money or is it a 20% match plus maintenance?

Zebraspots

Beach Fanatic
May 15, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
So we will be required to spend a great deal of money on this and put other long overdue projects on hold because of it.

Who voted for this and why?

Last edited: