• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Arkiehawg

Beach Fanatic
Jul 14, 2007
SoWal
Quote posted on 10/10/09

Saturday 9/17/11: Vandy 30 Ole Miss 7

Email sent on 9/18/11 from the AD to the donors.....

"Dear ,
The Rebel Family is the most important part of Ole Miss Athletics. Without your generous support month after month, year after year and generation after generation, Ole Miss would not be what it is today - a destination university for Mississippians as well as the nation. The richness of tradition and pride that encompasses Ole Miss fans all over the world is unparalleled. The fullness of the Ole Miss football experience that you deserve and have generously invested in, has not lived up to expectations recently. Coach Nutt and I met today and discussed the current state of Ole Miss football. Both of us are extremely disappointed in our performance this year. We agreed that to be successful, this disappointment must be met head on with solutions for improvement. We discussed several areas that needed improvement and I support Coach Nutt in his effort to correct those areas.

As I have said, Saturday's performance and our running two-season SEC record are unacceptable. Our commitment to compete at a championship level is as strong as ever and we will succeed! We need your continued support of the team as Saturday is another SEC weekend and we need you here!

Sincerely,

Pete Boone Director of Athletics"

In short.....:trainwreck:

The black rebel bears have been nutted. The era is over. The reverend is officially toast.
:lol::lol::lol:

Attachments

• derail.jpg
    derail.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
More importantly Pete Boone is leaving too. I have never played college football so I would never presume to know how to coach a team, but he was a class act off the field. I wish him the very best.

Last edited:
What's Up With That?

What's up with the Gators? Everyone I know who is a Texas fan is angry that Will Muschamp left for Florida. OOPS!

What's up with that?

Just the first part of the video is relevant.

[video]http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/what-up-with-that--dress-rehearsal-version/1187096[/video]

Last edited:

BeachSiO2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 16, 2006
Arkansas controls their destiny. They win out and will likely be BCS champions, anybody want to bet whether or not they do it? Same thing goes for Bama and LSU but they have done it recently. That's why I find Arkansas so interesting.

Arkiehawg

Beach Fanatic
Jul 14, 2007
SoWal
BCS #1,#2,#3. Aka The SEC West Invitation.

Here Skunky, Skunky....:wave:

Arkiehawg

Beach Fanatic
Jul 14, 2007
SoWal
Several keys come into play for a team to become the BCS champions. Talent, great coaches, schedule and some luck. You look back at the SEC teams that have won the BCSNC since it's inception and you will see that mixture. Stating that, I believe that Arkansas has very good talent, excellent coaches, a schedule that has placed them in the mix and definitely some luck going their way. Beating LSU puts them in a position for the Championship Game. The only issue will be the voters and their bias towards who they "want" in the BCSNC game. That is out of the Razorbacks control. What is in their control is the next game.

Regarding the next game against LSU. It will be interesting to see what happens. LSU is very strong at defense but Arkansas is very strong at Offense. Special teams edge to the Razorbacks. Desire to win....to the Hogs. Especially with the events of the past 48 hrs or so...

Interesting points to consider: The last time that Arkansas played #1 LSU was in Baton Rouge in 2007 and the hogs won in triple OT. Arkansas has beaten LSU 3 out of the last 4 games. Redzone Defense in the SEC. Arkansas #2 LSU #12 (This could be very important). The key to the game IMO is going to be penalties and turnovers....My pick to win Arkansas by 10.

Food for thought if the Hogs beat LSU on Friday when deciding who is the best head/head.
Between the three teams this year.

Alabama vs Arkansas and LSU 1win/1loss Win at home and loss at home.
LSU vs Alabama and Arkansas 1win/1loss Win on the road, loss at home.
Arkansas vs LSU and Alabama 1win/1loss Win on the road, loss on the road.

Arkansas would be the only team of the three to play the other two on the road and split....so who's the better team?

Last edited:

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Several keys come into play for a team to become the BCS champions. Talent, great coaches, schedule and some luck. You look back at the SEC teams that have won the BCSNC since it's inception and you will see that mixture. Stating that, I believe that Arkansas has very good talent, excellent coaches, a schedule that has placed them in the mix and definitely some luck going their way. Beating LSU puts them in a position for the Championship Game. The only issue will be the voters and their bias towards who they "want" in the BCSNC game. That is out of the Razorbacks control. What is in their control is the next game.

Regarding the next game against LSU. It will be interesting to see what happens. LSU is very strong at defense but Arkansas is very strong at Offense. Special teams edge to the Razorbacks. Desire to win....to the Hogs. Especially with the events of the past 48 hrs or so...

Interesting points to consider: The last time that Arkansas played #1 LSU was in Baton Rouge in 2007 and the hogs won in triple OT. Arkansas has beaten LSU 3 out of the last 4 games. Redzone Defense in the SEC. Arkansas #2 LSU #12 (This could be very important). The key to the game IMO is going to be penalties and turnovers....My pick to win Arkansas by 10.

Food for thought if the Hogs beat LSU on Friday when deciding who is the best head/head.
Between the three teams this year.

Alabama vs Arkansas and LSU 1win/1loss Win at home and loss at home.
LSU vs Alabama and Arkansas 1win/1loss Win on the road, loss at home.
Arkansas vs LSU and Alabama 1win/1loss Win on the road, loss on the road.

Arkansas would be the only team of the three to play the other two on the road and split....so who's the better team?

How you figure special teams nod goes to Arkansas? LSU cover teams are solid, good field goal kicker and returners and the punter is amazing...there is some sick statistic that there have been something like seven total punt return yards allowed by LSU all season! Guy is Australian rules, can place the ball like a pro golfer can pitch with a wedge and stick the green.

One thing I will say about last year's game-Arkansas looked much more physical and pushed around LSU like nobody I can recall in some time. This is going to be a huge game and is only getting one quarter of the hype of LSU-Alabama.

Arkiehawg

Beach Fanatic
Jul 14, 2007
SoWal
How you figure special teams nod goes to Arkansas? LSU cover teams are solid, good field goal kicker and returners and the punter is amazing...there is some sick statistic that there have been something like seven total punt return yards allowed by LSU all season! Guy is Australian rules, can place the ball like a pro golfer can pitch with a wedge and stick the green.

One thing I will say about last year's game-Arkansas looked much more physical and pushed around LSU like nobody I can recall in some time. This is going to be a huge game and is only getting one quarter of the hype of LSU-Alabama.

#1 Punter in the SEC in average; #2 Placekicker in the SEC for FG/made; #1 and #5 in SEC for Kickoff Returns incl 2 for TD; #1 in the SEC in Punt Returns incl 3 for TD;

Agree on the lack of hype. The talking heads have basically given the game to LSU and have stated that even IF Arkansas wins LSU will still go to the BCSNC because the computers won't drop them down. We'll see....

On another note,,,,as bad as Awwbarn is this year, don't be surprised if they beat Bammer. That game isn't being talked about at all and it would do the Barners nothing better than to destroy the BCSNC hopes of their sister school....

Last edited:

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
#1 Punter in the SEC in average; #2 Placekicker in the SEC for FG/made; #1 and #5 in SEC for Kickoff Returns incl 2 for TD; #1 in the SEC in Punt Returns incl 3 for TD;

Sheez, you're starting to sound like a Bammer:lol: Bottom line-our punter leads the SEC in taunting penalties.:clap:

Best Arkie special teams player of all time was the punter who mimed like he was shooting a bow and arrow (or something like that) before he kicked. I guess he was there about ten years ago.