• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
I would like to see Okie State play an SEC team but as much as they embarrassed OU I think LSU or Bama would crush them.

Arkansas v. Okie State good matchup. Arkansas wins by 10.

hkem1

Beach Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
Penn State had better not be Alabma's signature win, because they were just not a very good football team for most of this year. I saw them only score 16 points against an Indiana team that did not beat an FBS opponent the entire season. Penn State is the only FBS team that Indiana stayed within a touchdown of.

Penn state also only beat Temple by four points. Their Big Ten wins were by an average of 5 points. Their losses to top 25 opponents (they were 0-3) were by an average of 19 points. Basically Penn State barely beat a bunch of mediocre teams, and got blown out by the good teams they played.

Arkansas really didn't do much either. Vanderbilt, Ole Miss and Texas A&M (combined record 14-22) all took them down to the wire. The two times they played really good teams, they got thrashed. Arkansas did beat a good South Carolina team, so give them the edge.

Typically SEC teams can talk about their daunting schedules, but Alabama just didn't have one this year. They only played 3 teams that are currently in the top 20, and avoided the top two teams in the other division. All of there wins though are by more than two touchdowns.

The one thing that Alabama does get credit for though is that we already know they can take LSU into overtime.

Arkiehawg

Beach Fanatic
Jul 14, 2007
SoWal
So, let's see....Okie Light should get a Mulligan because the women's BBall coaches were tragically killed? :roll: If thats the case, then Arkansas should get one also, because of the death of a player just before they played LSU. You can't use those excuses, life sucks, you lose great players to injuries, coaches die, parents die,etc.....you have to suck it up, strap the helmet on and play hard anyway. THAT is what champions do....Okie Light didn't.

They LOST to a 6-6 team. Period. Bama loss barely to the #1 team in the nation who has dominated every other team they've played this year.....

Bama deserves the rematch in the BCSNC...

hkem1

Beach Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
I would like to see Okie State play an SEC team but as much as they embarrassed OU I think LSU or Bama would crush them.

Arkansas v. Okie State good matchup. Arkansas wins by 10.

Well Ok State will be in a BCS game and Arkansas wont be so we wont get to see that.

hkem1

Beach Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
Oklahoma State made up a ton of ground on Alabama in the coachs' poll. 22 coaches who had Alabama at #2 last week now have Oklahoma State at the second spot. The computers will have Okie St. at #2, so it should be close and will come down to how many Harris voters change their mind.

BeachSiO2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 16, 2006
So, let's see....Okie Light should get a Mulligan because the women's BBall coaches were tragically killed? :roll: If thats the case, then Arkansas should get one also, because of the death of a player just before they played LSU. You can't use those excuses, life sucks, you lose great players to injuries, coaches die, parents die,etc.....you have to suck it up, strap the helmet on and play hard anyway. THAT is what champions do....Okie Light didn't.

They LOST to a 6-6 team. Period. Bama loss barely to the #1 team in the nation who has dominated every other team they've played this year.....

Bama deserves the rematch in the BCSNC...

:roll:

I guess you missed the other parts of the post about quality wins/opponents. If you don't win all your home games, you don't win your division, you don't play for your conference championship, you don't win your conference championship..... then I guess it makes all the sense in the world that you should be able to be the National Championship... Wait a minute, is this a Jedi Mind Trick as a why to get some lesser SEC schools in the National Championship. All they would have to be is #2 in the West which is much more achievable than truly running the SEC Gauntlet.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
[

Three weeks ago, OK was a completely different team. They have since lost their major offensive playmakers and are very weak offensively. Okie Light played a great defensive game, but I can't say it was against an offensive powerhouse.

No offense (pardon the pun) Skunky, but if I remember correctly, Bama outplayed LSU even though they lost. If they would have hit their FG's they would have won the game. Bama may not have a "signature" win, but I also think that the Big 12-1+2-1 isn't as strong as the computers show. You forget that Bama beat Arkansas handily and they will be in the BCS top 6 tonight more than likely. Guess a signature win against the hogs doesn't count...:roll:

Bottom line IMO. The BCSNC game should be LSU/Bama. Reason is very simple. OKie Light was dominated at ISU (even though the score shows an OT win) by a .500 (6-6) team. No one deserves to be in the championship game when they lose to a .500 team.

I don't remember the game like that. If you want to look at stats other than what the final score says, look at what LSU did to Alabama when Bama had the ball in the red zone-turnovers and net negative yards. And I don't buy crappy special teams as an excuse that "Alabama would have won if"-that is like saying that Texas would have beaten Alabama for the National Championship a few years back had Colt McCoy not been injured in the game. Bottom line, Alabama should not be rewarded for losing their only 'big' game of the year at home, for not winning their conference (never mind their division) rather than just hanging around and waiting for others to self destruct. The SEC has a tradition of 'proving it' on the field. Losing and then hoping others lose is completely contrary to this. Bama had their shot. They blew it. The end(in my biased mind). Let Okie State have their shot at #1. Do we really need to see LSU and Alabama grind it out again? We know how that one ends. And if you think Okie State has no shot at winning, that is not accurate...I think the experts were saying the same thing about Florida when they beat Ohio State. Okie State might not drop the passes Georgia did in the first half last night-UGA was moving the ball well...who knows what would have happened had they gone up 21-0? If LSU has to play Alabama again, so be it;they will likely beat them again and get to rag them about the 'hat trick', but it just makes me sick to think they get a free pass for squandering their one true test and given the biggest Mulligan, ever.

hkem1

Beach Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
Every year we hear SEC fans talk about how important strength of schedule is. Now that that argument works against them, they discount the importance of it completely.