• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
I don't remember the game like that. If you want to look at stats other than what the final score says, look at what LSU did to Alabama when Bama had the ball in the red zone-turnovers and net negative yards. And I don't buy crappy special teams as an excuse that "Alabama would have won if"-that is like saying that Texas would have beaten Alabama for the National Championship a few years back had Colt McCoy not been injured in the game. Bottom line, Alabama should not be rewarded for losing their only 'big' game of the year at home, for not winning their conference (never mind their division) rather than just hanging around and waiting for others to self destruct. The SEC has a tradition of 'proving it' on the field. Losing and then hoping others lose is completely contrary to this. Bama had their shot. They blew it. The end(in my biased mind). Let Okie State have their shot at #1. Do we really need to see LSU and Alabama grind it out again? We know how that one ends. And if you think Okie State has no shot at winning, that is not accurate...I think the experts were saying the same thing about Florida when they beat Ohio State. Okie State might not drop the passes Georgia did in the first half last night-UGA was moving the ball well...who knows what would have happened had they gone up 21-0? If LSU has to play Alabama again, so be it;they will likely beat them again and get to rag them about the 'hat trick', but it just makes me sick to think they get a free pass for squandering their one true test and given the biggest Mulligan, ever.

But that was Ohio State from the Big Ten Playing the SEC champion. That's the bottom line. Same as OU playing Florida 2 years later. OU was the greatest offense ever that couldn't be stopped.

I for one am interested in seeing Bama and LSU play again but not that excited. If I was an LSU fan I would be dead set against it. I know the feeling.

Oh, and UGA had not a chance and you know it.

BeachSiO2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 16, 2006
So Bama plays LSU and wins by 3 in overtime do they deserve to be National Champs? Or do we have a split champion with Bama winning one and the voters picking someone else?

hkem1

Beach Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
Same as OU playing Florida 2 years later. OU was the greatest offense ever that couldn't be stopped.

Actually that was the OU offense that lost to Texas by double digits on a neutral field. That same Texas team happened to only have one loss that season (like OU) on a 35 yard pass with one second left in a game against the number 1 team in the country.

Last edited by a moderator:

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
But that was Ohio State from the Big Ten Playing the SEC champion. That's the bottom line. Same as OU playing Florida 2 years later. OU was the greatest offense ever that couldn't be stopped.

I for one am interested in seeing Bama and LSU play again but not that excited. If I was an LSU fan I would be dead set against it. I know the feeling.

Oh, and UGA had not a chance and you know it

Sure they did! Kurt, how many TDs and big gainers did UGA simply drop? Anyway, it is all over and the official picks are about to be announced. Get ready for forty days of controversy until the Game of the Century version 2.0:popcorn:

Arkiehawg

Beach Fanatic
Jul 14, 2007
SoWal
Congrats to LSU and Bama for the trip to the BCSNC....as it should be...

BCS is a screwed up mess and will continue to be until a playoff system is put into place. If there was a playoff system this discussion would be mute.

Not focused on my Hogs, but in general with this statement....BCS#6,#7,#8, #9 don't get to play in a BCS bowl game, but #11,#13,#15 and #23 go to a BCS bowl game? System is flawed....big time.

Oh well, bring on the games! I'll send you pics from Jerry's World Jan.6th when we play K-State!

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Congrats to LSU and Bama for the trip to the BCSNC....as it should be...

BCS is a screwed up mess and will continue to be until a playoff system is put into place. If there was a playoff system this discussion would be mute.

Not focused on my Hogs, but in general with this statement....BCS#6,#7,#8, #9 don't get to play in a BCS bowl game, but #11,#13,#15 and #23 go to a BCS bowl game? System is flawed....big time.

Oh well, bring on the games! I'll send you pics from Jerry's World Jan.6th when we play K-State!

You going to Big D? That stadium is amazing and don't be surprised if you find yourself watching the game on the gigantic TV instead of the field. :lol:

Arkiehawg

Beach Fanatic
Jul 14, 2007
SoWal
You going to Big D? That stadium is amazing and don't be surprised if you find yourself watching the game on the gigantic TV instead of the field. :lol:

Yep, got my tix last pm. 20-25yd line 12 rows up. Probably will have a stiff neck looking up at the Megatron! Should be a good game; probably better than 2 or 3 of the "so called" BCS games ha...

You going to the BCSNC?

IMO, your game is going to be a bit different one than the first. I suspect we will see a bit more scoring, but a real trench battle regardless. I watched a LOT of foosball this year and even though many didn't want the rematch, I strongly believe that the best two complete teams this year are battling in Nawlin's for the title....

Arkiehawg

Beach Fanatic
Jul 14, 2007
SoWal
And so it begins...This shot was taken this a.m. of the LSU shop. It was hacked by some Bama lads who changed up the articles for sale... :lol:

Attachments

• Hacked 2.jpg
    Hacked 2.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 51