• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider
Well, I brought home Lexie this afternoon from Alaqua.
FL716.11248907-1-pn.jpg

She is a sweetie and she and I are well on our way to bonding. She and Shaynn are another issue. Lexie want to be friends and shyann has nipped at her twice. I introduced them outside, but Shy was not happy. Lexie got a good bath and Shyann seems to be perkier than she has been since Sarge passed, if only because she is watching Lexie with hawk eyes. How long if you introduced another to your pack did it take for them to get along? How did you help them to work it out?

Thanks,
AL

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
:clap:...Hip Hip Hooray! It was that collider thingie, right? What a beauty! Congrats on your new addition. I expect lots of doggie stories. :love:

Biff

Beach Fanatic
:clap::clap: Awwwww how CUTE!!!!! Congrats; our Golden and Pyrenees took about 2 days for them to distinguish which was Alpha; after that it was all good:D

FL716.11248907-1-pn.jpg

She is a sweetie and she and I are well on our way to bonding. She and Shaynn are another issue. Lexie want to be friends and shyann has nipped at her twice. I introduced them outside, but Shy was not happy. Lexie got a good bath and Shyann seems to be perkier than she has been since Sarge passed, if only because she is watching Lexie with hawk eyes. How long if you introduced another to your pack did it take for them to get along? How did you help them to work it out?

Thanks,
AL

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
:love::love:

I cant help you with the pack thing. Call the Dog WHisperer. Have you watched that show on Nat Geo?? it is interesting...

Miss Critter

Beach Fanatic
Mar 8, 2008
My perfect beach
:clap:...Hip Hip Hooray! It was that collider thingie, right? What a beauty! Congrats on your new addition. I expect lots of doggie stories. :love:

:lolabove:

Aleo, you've done a good thing. :clap:No doubt Shyan will come around in 2 or 3 days. She's still trying to figure out whether the "new arrival" is just visiting or the new roomie. I predict things will soon be fine.

njackie

Beach Lover
Nov 18, 2004
Welcome Lexi! Our golden is Lexi too, may your Lexi enjoy her family and the beach too!

dunelover

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2007
Oklahoma girl
www.thebeamstore.com
FL716.11248907-1-pn.jpg

Thanks,
AL

Lexie is too cute! Congrats on the addition. We just adopted a friend for our Gigi, a border mix this weekend. What we were told was that we had to keep Gigi the dominant one. We are supposed to accomplish this by speaking to gigi first, feeding her first, etc. We did pick a dog w/ a calmer attitude than gigi, she is a corgi/cocker mix about the same age. So far so good. I have seen lots of play, w/ one or the other wanting to stop play fighting but the other not noticing which led to bark or too, but no nipping. Of course, since ours was always alone and not grieving for a lost playmate may mean its a different story. Good luck and congrats.

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider
:clap::clap: Awwwww how CUTE!!!!! Congrats; our Golden and Pyrenees took about 2 days for them to distinguish which was Alpha; after that it was all good:D

How did they do it Biff? I just broke up another tussle. No blood or squealing. Just lots of teeth gnashing and grabbing/ nipping at each other neck and ears. Shyann is showing more dominance than I thought she would. No one has yelped yet.

I got sucked in by a doggie space warp:D

:love::love:

I cant help you with the pack thing. Call the Dog WHisperer. Have you watched that show on Nat Geo?? it is interesting...

I was just the dog yeller. Does that count?:wave:
:lolabove:

Aleo, you've done a good thing. :clap:No doubt Shyan will come around in 2 or 3 days. She's still trying to figure out whether the "new arrival" is just visiting or the new roomie. I predict things will soon be fine.
I hope so. Shyann is taking a nap on the bed while Lexie is on the floor. I swear it's the most energy that Shyann has shown since Sarge passed.:blink:

Welcome Lexi! Our golden is Lexi too, may your Lexi enjoy her family and the beach too!
Thank you. Beautiful picture:wave:

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
How cute! So glad you got one from Alaqua!

My suggestion would be to let the dogs have space to work it out - so they aren't competing for your attention and be sure to emphasize that Shayann is in charge and that she gets more attention, food, whatever!