• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

supermom262

Beach Fanatic
Nov 5, 2006
Grayton Beach
Beautiful girl! Congrats on using Alaquqa too. Was Guiness still there? I wish I had room for her but we are full at the inn!

Our three still try to jockey for position but they mostly defer to Griff. Food is the only real issue. We have to feed separately.

Miss Critter

Beach Fanatic
Mar 8, 2008
My perfect beach
Don't know if I understood your post or not, aleo, but I would definitely go with separate bowls for eating. They can probably share a water dish. That how we do it with ours and it works fine.

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider
Don't know if I understood your post or not, aleo, but I would definitely go with separate bowls for eating. They can probably share a water dish. That how we do it with ours and it works fine.

My two always had separate bowls for everything. I just broke up WWIII in my kitchen with a dish towel. Lexie went after the cat and Shyann went after Lexie.:blink:
But Lexie has almost already learned to sit on command:D

Glad I have a dog crate, to keep them separate at night and when I'm not home.

Thanks everyone for the sweet words.:wave:

Beachbummette

SoWal Insider
Jul 16, 2005
Birmingham and Watersound
She is beautiful aleonard! Congrats to you & Shaynn! I'm so glad you got her from Alaqua....and I'm sure she is glad too! What a lucky dog. :clap::clap::clap:
Got more pics? How old is she? They will adjust to one another over time I'm sure.

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider
She is beautiful aleonard! Congrats to you & Shaynn! I'm so glad you got her from Alaqua....and I'm sure she is glad too! What a lucky dog. :clap::clap::clap:
Got more pics? How old is she? They will adjust to one another over time I'm sure.

This is where they started after dinner.
picture.php

A little bit later.......

picture.php

They finally napped like this for about an hour.
picture.php

Took them outside and now Shyann is sitting and making mean face at Lexie while Lexie is in the crate for the night:roll:

I think they will be fine. I am more concerned about Lexie and the cat. I've said "no!" more this afternoon than a two years olds mom:blink:

We are all about to get some rest. Nite, Niite.:wave:

Last edited:

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
Awwwwwww...............good luck, aleo. Get some rest. :wave:

Beachbummette

SoWal Insider
Jul 16, 2005
Birmingham and Watersound
This is where they started after dinner.
picture.php

A little bit later.......

picture.php

They finally napped like this for about an hour.
picture.php

Took them outside and now Shyann is sitting and making mean face at Lexie while Lexie is in the crate for the night:roll:

I think they will be fine. I am more concerned about Lexie and the cat. I've said "no!" more this afternoon than a two years olds mom:blink:

We are all about to get some rest. Nite, Niite.:wave:

I know who the boss is.....the one on the pillow at the head of the bed! Thanks for posting more pics, love her pink collar.

When I first got Sweetie, 11 years ago, my step-dads best friend was a vet, he told me to be seen as the alfa dog to always eat first (alfa dogs eat first) handle her food a lot (alfa dogs are in charge of the food) and not let her sleep on the bed to make her sleep on the floor beside the bed (alfa dogs sleep in a higher position overlooking the pack) she turned out a wonderful sweet dog. Well.....she does sleep on the bed now, but did not in the beginning when she was young. I'm sure these apply with two dogs, like everyone else said, let Shyann go first.

Last edited: