• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
Amy Wise-Coble has qualified in District 5 as a NPA candidate which means all 3 commission races are closed to Republicans only in the August primary.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
If the voters of Walton County are smart, they will vote for the person with the experience, education and knowledge to make a well qualified Commissioner...that person is our present Commissione, Cindy Meadows.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
What a hoot! I didn't believe it, but after reading Danny's post, I checked the supervisor of elections and it's true. Jerry Jones is running in district 5. We now have a walton county election! Cecilia Jones has been riding Tony Anderson around everywhere and apparently Mr. Jones doesn't like how much time Mrs. Jones is spending with Mr. Anderson.(He's Single) Evidently Mr. Jones gave her an ultimatum to leave tony alone or he would run against him and tell the truth about what he knew about Tony. Yes folks, a genuine triangle of lies, you can't make up stuff like this. This will be so interesting to watch cecilia have to deal with Jerry's nasty disposition that she has wielded against so many people over the years. Karma, I suppose.

I actually saw a picture on Facebook a few days ago of C. Jones and Tony Anderson (together) and thought to myself they looked like 2 love-struck "lovebirds". I also decided at that point that if there was even the remotest possibility I would ever vote for Tony Anderson that the image of the two of them together was a deal breaker. Not now, not ever, no way, no how! I'm also sure there are many "truths" about Mr. Anderson that have yet to come to the light but anything coming out of Cecilia or Jerry Jones mouth is highly suspect anyway.

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
Per their announcements on Facebook Adrienne Campbell in District 3 and Kristi Stevenson in District 5 will not qualify and have withdrawn. No news yet on Trisha Johnson in the Superintendent's race or Jerry Jones in District 5. Books closed at noon but who knows who was in the office doing paperwork prior to that time.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
I just ran into Mrs. Jones and she said Jerry just wanted everyone to have something to talk about today.

That just goes to show you how little she cares about either her or her husbands reputation...but then again, neither of them have stellar reputations anyway!

All J. Jones has to do is open his mouth..."ain't that right" LJackson?

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
Per the SOE website Trish Porter Johnson and Jerry Jones did not Qualify and so the August 30 Primary is set:
District 1:
Bill Chapman
Bill Fletcher
David Kramer
District 3:
John Dixon
Bill Imfeld
Melanie Nipper
District 5:
Tony Anderson
Cindy Meadows
Superintendent of Schools:
Russell Hughes
Jennifer Nick
Tax Collector:
Patti Lynch
Rhonda Skipper
School Board District 4:
Jeri Michie
Marsha Winegardner

Due to no opposition, Sheriff Michael Adkinson, Clerk of Courts Alex Alford, Property Appraiser Patrick Pilcher and School Board Seat 1 member Gail Smith are automatically reelected. The Tax Collector and School Board Seat 4 races will be decided in August with the other races facing November opposition.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
In District 1 and 3 I hope we see new faces for those seats. I think Cindy Meadows is a "shoe in" for District 5. I'd like to see Mike Davis on the school board but think Hughes is just as qualified. Rhonda Skipper "hands down" for Tax Collector and don't know either candidates for school board in District 4.