• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I'd just like to point out to all the nay-sayers out there:

Only one protester!

Babyblue

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2006
Seagrove Beach
I thought the Gov was on a swing through Florida pimping his property tax amendment. :dunno:

What was on the lunch menu? (Did they have balloons and a Mariachi Band?)

:)blush: I fibbed about going to the groundbreaking....I had a pressing previous engagement, hosing out my gutters. That's when I got bit by the raccoon.)

You should have been there to know. No fibbing allowed. ;-)

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Step right up! Let the sideshow begin!

Regional name for airport sought

What?s in a name? Just when it appeared the Panama City-Bay County International Airport was on course for construction at its new location north of County 388, another challenge unexpectedly appeared last week: What to call it.

Following Thursday morning?s groundbreaking ceremony, prominent Bay County businessman Charles Hilton said he and a number of other area business leaders want the Airport Authority to rename the new $330 million airport to reflect its projected regional impact.

?Panama City and Bay County (officials) need to understand that the only thing that will help us succeed is for everyone in the region to help pull the wagon,? Hilton said. He added that he has been a strong supporter of the new airport but would like to see a name that symbolizes the entire Panhandle service area.

Other officials involved in the decade-long campaign to move the airport from Panama City to its new 4,000-acre site north of West Bay have cited the economic benefit it will have, not only on Bay County, but on other localities such as Holmes, Washington, Jackson and Walton counties. Gulf Power District Manager Ted Spangenberg said Thursday the new, larger airport will create new jobs and growth throughout the five-county area, not just in Bay County.

Hilton did not suggest a new name for the airport but encouraged the Airport Authority and other officials to consider the notion.

Asked about the issue, Airport Director Randy Curtis said he was aware of Hilton?s interest in a name change but said nothing formal had been put on the authority?s agenda............http://www.newsherald.com/headlines/article.display.php?a=4248

(Check out the readers' comments at the end of the article)

I suggest....DOODLE INTERNATIONAL :D

Last edited:

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I love the comment section w/ suggested names! :clap: :funn:

"caving to st joe paper company fiasco airport"

"Swampland Pork"

"Pipe dream"

Emerald Coast International Airport (ECI). Let's face it, folks come here for our beaches. Last thing we need is name that reminds folks they just landed at Red Neck International (RNI).

Dogfly International! Or, White Elephant air patch. 330 million dollars, yeah right as with all government fiascos we tax payers are looking at over 400 million when its all done.

Last edited:

Busta Hustle

Beach Fanatic
Apr 11, 2007
well of course by starting now in touting the magnificent benefits to all the surrounding counties, you lay the ground work for the new regional muticounty transportation "charge" to supplement the heretofore unforseen hidden cost of developing in a swamp and be prepared to add to that "charge" a series of special assessments and synergystic partnership fees for the empowerment of the leading edge, strategic, result driven economy...my choice for the new name is AERO PUERTO de la PECKERWOODS:D

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Paradise Plane Station

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
How bout:

If you complained about it and didn't want it, don't ever step foot in or utilize it international airport.