• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
Jdarg, this post is far from worthy of you and your innate intelligence. "Whoopass" does not necessarily relate to "bodily harm". It has always been, as I understand, a saying meaning strong response but not of a physical nature, necessarily. To be perfectly blunt, I think you are overreacting and being irrational and I know you are more intelligent than that.

Your interpretation of the "whoopass" post is just plain wrong.

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
Teresa, I wrote that editorial. This entire discussion is a good example of talking at each other rather than listening. Both sides are guilty. Jdarg, I truly regret you feel threatened in any way. I for one would not stand for anyone to be harmed or threatened, period. I have urged everyone on both sides to be respectful of the process and of differing opinions. I will continue to do so.
I have backed away from this thread 2 or 3 times because I felt it was as my friend Bob Hudson says "beating a dead horse." Then I would see something posted that I felt had to be answered. Hopefully we can move on Tuesday.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
I think everyone should relax and go to the beach or something. I have not read those facebook posts but I have not seen or heard any personal threats. However it would be naive to believe that people are not really upset by all the insults regarding their intelligence and poverty and morality. What were you thinking? Why would you think it is okay to call another person inhuman? If they can post on facebook they can certainly see what you are posting on this forum. I all for ending this thread pronto...

Yes, everyone needs to relax. LISTEN. Move on if you wish. But the conversation won't be over until Walton County decides what to do. And there will probably be more info and news to share after that. It's a community issue worth covering.

BTW, this discussion has taken place on this forum over the years on more than one occasion. It's not a new topic around here. Previous threads were heated as well, but a whole lot funnier because there wasn't a local flag at the heart of it. The discussion was on the flag in general and its meaning and use over time and today. Quite entertaining and informative.

poppy

Banned
Sep 10, 2008
Miramar Beach
Jdarg, this post is far from worthy of you and your innate intelligence. "Whoopass" does not necessarily relate to "bodily harm". It has always been, as I understand, a saying meaning strong response but not of a physical nature, necessarily. To be perfectly blunt, I think you are overreacting and being irrational and I know you are more intelligent than that.
As usual you are correct. Whoop ass is a southernism and is defined as offering "sympathy" or "condolence" as in "I'm sorry to hear your mother died, is there anything I can do like maybe open a can of whoop ass on you.?"

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
As usual you are correct. Whoop ass is a southernism and is defined as offering "sympathy" or "condolence" as in "I'm sorry to hear your mother died, is there anything I can do like maybe open a can of whoop ass on you.?"
Poppy, you should be both a politician and comedian. I am still laughing...

I have heard that term all my life from both blacks and whites believe it or not. I think it means, "don't start something if you can not back up". It is meant to be more figurative because it is not the aggressor who makes that statement. Still laughing. The people I heard it from recently was at a Walmarts and everyone was laughing. I joined the conversation and told them I replaced my can of whoopass with a can of gulp (fishing bait) as we walked outside where I happened to notice that we were both driving a pickup truck and it made me think of Jdarg's posts.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
Yes, everyone needs to relax. LISTEN. Move on if you wish. But the conversation won't be over until Walton County decides what to do. And there will probably be more info and news to share after that. It's a community issue worth covering.

BTW, this discussion has taken place on this forum over the years on more than one occasion. It's not a new topic around here. Previous threads were heated as well, but a whole lot funnier because there wasn't a local flag at the heart of it. The discussion was on the flag in general and its meaning and use over time and today. Quite entertaining and informative.
I hope it will be over because I am starting to dream about "dead horses"!

poppy

Banned
Sep 10, 2008
Miramar Beach
I hope it's not a wet dream.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
Yes, it is a poll with results on several current issues for those who are interested.

And yes, I do believe Walton County would have rather similar results in some of the poll questions, but not in taking down the flag.

Why can't the South secede from the North (Walton County) today - it just makes perfect sense.
Polls are unreliable because people are not always honest or fully informed enough to be the pulse of truth.