• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Sandcastle

Beach Fanatic
Jan 6, 2006
Tallahassee, Florida
InletBchDweller said:
YOur lot is great as well. No buildings to block....

are you going to be at Seacrest Sunday July 23??? Concert at the pool....7-10 p.m.

I always seem to miss the fun(n) by a day or two :dunno: .

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
actually just got back, it was very nice, small crowd, I think they need to schedule a concert the night of the annual hoa meeting...
Sandcastle said:
InletBchDweller said:
YOur lot is great as well. No buildings to block....

are you going to be at Seacrest Sunday July 23??? Concert at the pool....7-10 p.m.

I always seem to miss the fun(n) by a day or two :dunno: .

spinDrAtl

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Are any of the agents here seeing differences in activity based on location/property type? I know that is a broad question but what I am interested in is whether or not some types are selling vs others, specifically area's of Sowal where height limitations are in effect vs. the overbuilt condo tower monstrosities in PCB and perhaps Destin.

Unplugged

Beach Fanatic
Jul 31, 2005
spinDrAtl said:
Are any of the agents here seeing differences in activity based on location/property type? I know that is a broad question but what I am interested in is whether or not some types are selling vs others, specifically area's of Sowal where height limitations are in effect vs. the overbuilt condo tower monstrosities in PCB and perhaps Destin.
We are seeing more activity with pre-construction assignment of contracts where orig contract holders do not want to close.

The activity we're seeing isn't based on the location so much as the 'perceived value' of the listing.

Sandcastle

Beach Fanatic
Jan 6, 2006
Tallahassee, Florida
InletBchDweller said:
actually just got back, it was very nice, small crowd, I think they need to schedule a concert the night of the annual hoa meeting...
Sounds good to me, as long as I can bring a pitcher of martinis. :D The For Sale sign comes down tomorrow. Actually, tomorrow is martini night at Cafe 30-A.;-)

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
spinDrAtl said:

Yes. I am seeing activity in things that are radically reduced in price. Back to 2004 prices. It seems the buyer is out there. They are circling like vultures. I have noticed that the developments where everyone is trying to sell are hurting the most.

spinDrAtl

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
So price right now is the key factor, regardless of area? IMO, the quality of the areas with height limitations is much better, so I guess I was wondering if anyone is seeing that as a factor at this time - are prices holding better in those areas, worse, the same?

I for one would not entertain the idea of purchasing a high rise, but that's just me. To each his own.

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
I have not really run into the height thing near 30A. It is more the price. The question is what is the real price :dunno: The buyers are more aggressive then last years sellers. If they hit a bump they will pull out in a heartbeat! Kinda like last year but in reverse....

Babyblue

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2006
Seagrove Beach
Bobby J said:
Yes. I am seeing activity in things that are radically reduced in price. Back to 2004 prices. It seems the buyer is out there. They are circling like vultures. I have noticed that the developments where everyone is trying to sell are hurting the most.

Vultures are coming out to eat the dead. I have some folks flying in with 50 large to buy distressed properties. That is a good sign though. Could be getting close to the bottom. But first the meat has to be picked off. :eek: