• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bdarg

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Point Washington

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
i find it disturbing that this guy has gotten away once, twice, how many times now?? I thought at one point he was in a house surrounded...:dunno:

He's still on the loose? Seriously? Maybe the PW posse should've gone out. Ya'll stay safe over there. :wave:

He is probably long gone. this guy escaped on foot in Texas after robbing a bank, and fled through underground drain pipes, at end of July. How and why he ended up here, I would like to know. He probably does not know the area.. but he's still managing to lay very low.

nandsoconnell

Beach Crab
Jul 8, 2006
Oops

He is probably long gone. this guy escaped on foot in Texas after robbing a bank, and fled through underground drain pipes, at end of July. How and why he ended up here, I would like to know. He probably does not know the area.. but he's still managing to lay very low.

How exactly do you escape from Point Washington? Do you meant tell me that a single Texas redneck outsmarted all of Walton Co's finest in their own backyard? Doubtful. But if so, embarrasing.

I'm sorry for the pressure that the WCSO deputies must have been under not to shoot the suspect as he fled. Attempted murder of a police officer should allow for the suspect to be shot in the back and then scalped.

dmarie

Beach Lover
Aug 22, 2007
Eden
Swafia told me last night that the Sheriff's Dept. has opened a command center at Bay Elem. parking lot. It's been quiet here this morning, just the garbage truck passing thru the neighborhood. My dogs have quieted down since last night.

were your dogs acting strangely last night, too? Something was really upsetting my girl. She was so restless; kept getting out of her bed and going to the door. Freaked me out a couple of times. I had this place lit up like a Christmas tree. Weird how our pups can sense something like that. :dunno:

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
How exactly do you escape from Point Washington? Do you meant tell me that a single Texas redneck outsmarted all of Walton Co's finest in their own backyard? Doubtful. But if so, embarrasing.

I'm sorry for the pressure that the WCSO deputies must have been under not to shoot the suspect as he fled. Attempted murder of a police officer should allow for the suspect to be shot in the back and then scalped.
It is not embarrassing at all. If he had any training or instruction in escape and evasion it is quite possible to avoid capture. You just have to know how to do it. By the same token, those doing the searching have to know how to do it without alerting the hunted they are there.

ChillPill

Beach Fanatic
Apr 8, 2009
A quick 411 search shows he may have lived in Clearwater Florida at some point, or at least has relatives that do.

graytonbeachguy

Beach Fanatic
Jun 14, 2008
Not surprising he is from Clearwater area. Although I have seen a post about illegal immigrants from Mexico, his name is actually Greek. Clearwater has a large Greek population.

I think he holed up last night somewhere and waited for dark to move again. It's gonna be hard to get him now.

downtown

Beach Comber
Aug 28, 2009
I am off of E. Mitchell and occasionally see a patrol car go by. I stayed at a friends house across the bay last night. At 6:30 this morning I saw one officer on McDaniels fish camp. I counted 9 Officers i passed heading north between 3280 and the bridge. I know one thing my 'hood is a ghost town today very few people at home before 7am.