• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

lazin&drinkin

Beach Lover
Apr 13, 2010
Misty has it right about Cindy Meadows. I on occasion differ with her and definitely disagree with her on Customary use. I also think she and the other two female commissioners should have had a reasonable semblance of a plan in place for protection of the rights and prerogatives of the beachfront property owners before passing the new beach activities ordinance. That said, Cindy has been and remains the one commissioner who not only has a conscience but who also votes it consistently. While we have our differences, she is the one whom I respect, and I believe her to be about 7 light years better than the second place finisher on the BCC. Neither Mr. Anderson nor Ms. Wise-Coble can even see Cindy's league, let alone compete in it.

I think her mentioning the complaint file may have been in artful, but it's an accurate term. Your comments were a complaint, and the other file is for those who like things as they are. Don't know what you call that one, but I suspect it's much smaller than the complaint file. Like -- Dislike. Complaints -- Want another family member hired. Same thing. I know Cindy well enough to say she is keeping score o the complaints, not round filing them.

Jenksy

Beach Fanatic
Oct 25, 2012
If you are talking about Chapman, Imfield and especially Cecilia Jones, I'd agree with you but you seem to want to single out Ms. Meadows when she is the only voice you have South of the Bay and has tried to do more than any of the aforementioned put together. There''s an old saying "Don't s*hit in your own backyard". Don't trash the one good thing you've got going for you!
You're way off base.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
You're way off base.

I didn't make the trash can comment, you did. I think (given the comments people have posted here from Ms. Meadows) that at this point in time she is the ONLY Commissioner you have working for you. Obviously Cecilia Jones has a puppy in the fight she is trying to protect like a pit bull and Bill Imfield and Chapman actually voted NO on removing the signs, ropes and chains. How the hell do you think they will vote regarding vendors? And don't forget, we ELECT Commissioners to listen to the will of the people. The BCC isn't perfect in that regard in fact, FAR FROM IT but when you have one on your side why would you try to alienate the one voice you have who wants to change the status quo?

And it's just my opinion but I do believe that Sara Comander also listens to the majority (this is perhaps a poor analogy but the Confederate flag still fly's at the Courthouse in Defuniak) and that's a powerful statement and a testament to the will of the people!! Just think what WE can accomplish when we are (for the most part) UNITED in what we think is fair and equitable to everyone who lives, works, plays and vacations here?

If you think trashing the voice you have is helping carry on.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Misty has it right about Cindy Meadows. I on occasion differ with her and definitely disagree with her on Customary use. I also think she and the other two female commissioners should have had a reasonable semblance of a plan in place for protection of the rights and prerogatives of the beachfront property owners before passing the new beach activities ordinance. That said, Cindy has been and remains the one commissioner who not only has a conscience but who also votes it consistently. While we have our differences, she is the one whom I respect, and I believe her to be about 7 light years better than the second place finisher on the BCC. Neither Mr. Anderson nor Ms. Wise-Coble can even see Cindy's league, let alone compete in it.

I think her mentioning the complaint file may have been in artful, but it's an accurate term. Your comments were a complaint, and the other file is for those who like things as they are. Don't know what you call that one, but I suspect it's much smaller than the complaint file. Like -- Dislike. Complaints -- Want another family member hired. Same thing. I know Cindy well enough to say she is keeping score o the complaints, not round filing them.

Actually, we are not so far apart regarding customary use as some people might think. I agree with private homeowners who do not want tents, beach chairs, audacious behavior, loud music, drunks, trash etc. in their backyard (I don't want to see that kinda crap anywhere on any beach) but I see no harm in people walking, sitting or just enjoying the beaches. I was totally opposed to the signs, ropes, chains and fences because of the dangers posed to the sea life who nest here and it had gotten way out of control. I don't think people own the sand that washes up on our beaches and I think that if someone is going to call the police regarding customary use of the beach they should at the very least be able to prove that they actually own the property in question before anyone is issued a fine, thrown off the property or carted off to jail for trespassing. I am also totally opposed to beach vendors who take up miles and miles and miles of beach with empty beach chairs. What's the point? If the chairs are empty they aren't making money off them anyway. Beach vendors parking in clearly marked HANDICAPPED ACCESS, hell no! They got to go! The Sheriff should be tracking down those vehicles and issuing the fines they deserve.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
Maybe if the other 4 CouncilPeople would Vote for what is good for the Golden Goose down south..this SOWAL defection wouldn't be considered...it would be fun to watch those 4 hustle for tax money to run NOWAL...

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Maybe if the other 4 CouncilPeople would Vote for what is good for the Golden Goose down south..this SOWAL defection wouldn't be considered...it would be fun to watch those 4 hustle for tax money to run NOWAL...
Steel1man, I am curious what you are talking about? If you are talking about incorporation, that isn't going to change what those that run the county are going to collect. It is going to add a layer of government and possibly another tax. Of course you may be aware of something I am not.

Mike Jones

Beach Fanatic
Dec 24, 2008
They laugh at you while filling their pockets. The only justification I need for incorporation.

Jenksy

Beach Fanatic
Oct 25, 2012
I didn't make the trash can comment, you did. I think (given the comments people have posted here from Ms. Meadows) that at this point in time she is the ONLY Commissioner you have working for you. Obviously Cecilia Jones has a puppy in the fight she is trying to protect like a pit bull and Bill Imfield and Chapman actually voted NO on removing the signs, ropes and chains. How the hell do you think they will vote regarding vendors? And don't forget, we ELECT Commissioners to listen to the will of the people. The BCC isn't perfect in that regard in fact, FAR FROM IT but when you have one on your side why would you try to alienate the one voice you have who wants to change the status quo?

And it's just my opinion but I do believe that Sara Comander also listens to the majority (this is perhaps a poor analogy but the Confederate flag still fly's at the Courthouse in Defuniak) and that's a powerful statement and a testament to the will of the people!! Just think what WE can accomplish when we are (for the most part) UNITED in what we think is fair and equitable to everyone who lives, works, plays and vacations here?

If you think trashing the voice you have is helping carry on.
Did you really just bring the confederate flag into the conversation? Time for the South (walton) to secede.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Maybe if the other 4 CouncilPeople would Vote for what is good for the Golden Goose down south.

I don't disagree with that. In fact I have been one of the harshest critics of the BCC for the last 25-30 years. I hate the hidden agendas, developers who influence the BCC and self interests . I hate that the people don't really have a voice in their own government unless they have a pocket full of cash larger than the developers pockets are deep. I use to write letters to the Editor on a weekly basis and attended every BCC meeting held in this County. I've exposed more BCC BS than I can even remember. I've seen BCC Commissioners come and go and when they left rather than STOP recycling the garbage people would re-elect them and it's still going on to this day. The entire BCC right now (with the exception of Cindy Meadows) is made up entirely of people who have served in Walton County Government for years and years in some capacity or another, who ALL promised change but have literally fought against one another to keep things the same. (Cecilia Jones calling Ms. Meadows a b*itch) at a PUBLIC meeting is but 1 example.

It tool almost 7 years after the BCC VOTED unanimously to build an animal shelter for them to actually break ground. It also took 3 different BCC boards and as many unanimous votes for them to do so. The landfill has leaked off county property for years. It was so bad the county actually bought up land the landfill had leaked on to. We have spent millions of tax dollars to fix a perpetual problem that's never been fixed. We have paid hundreds of thousands of dollars in fines to the EPA and now the "new thing" is to hire expensive lawyers at $725.00 an hour on how to customarily use the beach.

Seriously steelman...do you think incorporation is going to change that? If you do, you're as delusional as the folks who keep voting to keep these folks in office.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Did you really just bring the confederate flag into the conversation? Time for the South (walton) to secede.

I made the point and I'm sure it wasn't lost on you.

Good luck on secession!

Last edited: