Policy on Personal Beach Chairs vs Vendor

Discussion in 'Local Government and Groups' started by dragonflycafe, Jun 18, 2016.

1. Born&Bread

Born&Bread Beach Lover

Most of the true locals know who has been in business for how long. Just some of the quotes about vendors lets me know half of you guys do not even know whats going on you just want to complain. These guys arent setting up chairs because people dont want them.

2. Born&Bread

Born&Bread Beach Lover

20 years of doing it is a good reason. Ask the owner of Beach chairs for you? We can use 100 percent of the beach. Vendors have 50 or less.

3. Born&Bread

Born&Bread Beach Lover

This is funny PCB keeps them right on the water and does not remove them at night.

4. Dawn

Dawn Beach Fanatic

Agree. Unfortunately the "compromise" that is going to be forced on us will likely be charging vendors a fee, rather than doing the right thing and keeping our beaches free of commerce.

5. John G

John G Beach Fanatic

Isn't his wife now running against T. Anderson?

Lots of political folks connected to beach vendors.

6. Born&Bread

Born&Bread Beach Lover

I believe they are divorced.

7. LarsAtTheBeach

LarsAtTheBeach Beach Fanatic

What is a "true local"?
    And...dope dealers aren't selling dope because people don't want them.....
    Sorry, but...I do not recall beach vendors doing business at the public beach access 20 years ago? :dunno:

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
    • List
  8. steel1man

steel1man Beach Fanatic

C.Jones she will b voted out next. Book it

9. carson

carson Beach Fanatic

I like putting chairs right in front of their set ups, so I bring 8 chairs with me to the beach and put them directly in front of them right along the water line. 8 chairs about 8 ft apart, just to show how freaking ridiculous it is. Have you noticed how many "no shows" that they have weekly?

10. LarsAtTheBeach

LarsAtTheBeach Beach Fanatic

Pretty sure he was reminiscing. :D

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  11. sunny850

sunny850 Beach Lover

My home is right by a community beach access and I sit on my porch early in the mornings (7-9) and watch locals and tourists pull their vehicle (car, truck, van, golfcart) up to the access and unload their chairs, coolers, umbrellas, tents, toys, surfboards, etc. and then get back in and go home. They go back to bed and come back around lunch to spend a few hours. Then they go home for naps or out to eat a late lunch and leave it there for hours, only to come back to sit in them to watch the sunset, load up, and go home. And that is fine. There is really not difference between them doing it and the vendors setting up long before their guests (who paid them to set up) come to sit. If you are going to say vendors cant do it, are you going to go after the people in their store-bought chairs too? The beaches are crowded, and you can no longer expect to lumber down there at 11 a.m. and get the best seat. It doesnt work that way anywhere.

12. carson

carson Beach Fanatic

Yes....but, it isn't 65 bucks. The deal is very simple and why Walton Co. can't seem to have vendors do it like every other beach town does is beyond me. Have them keep all of their equipment at the dune line and when some pays, then set it up where there is space. Otherwise on a busy weekend you are forced to use a vendor, or set in the street. 4th of July on the "public" part of the beach there were probably 80+ set ups and 30 renters. That is just complete BS and angers me far more than a family from Des Moines setting up their tent at 6am.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. Born&Bread

Born&Bread Beach Lover

65 for what 3 days. Nobody charges 65 a day. I rent from a service who does a local discount of 10 a day for 2 chairs and 25 a day for tourist . Keep it to the facts Bay County and Okaloosa County allows unused chairs to be set up.

14. Born&Bread

Born&Bread Beach Lover

Also nowhere in Walton county had 80 sets on public beach anytime this season. That is just a false statement. My problem is people complaining and either not knowing the oridnance or striaght up lying to try and get there point acrossed. Vendors are for the most part following the rules. The rules are more than fair. I think the biggest thing we can all do and try to get the facts on the rules before we condemn hard-working young men trying to earn a living.

15. Born&Bread

Born&Bread Beach Lover

They were. Gulf Coast, Beach chairs 4 u, Southwinds. A true local is a person who has lived here there whole life and actual knows a little about the history of the county. A true local hasnt moved from somewhere else and try to change things that would put other locals out of business.

16. steel1man

steel1man Beach Fanatic

80 could be very close to correct. I've seen in excess of 30 many places. And yes the vendors are the problem. Doing business on public property. Anything south of MHWL is public beach. No one owns the wet sand. Which is where you guys setup.

17. Jenksy

Jenksy Beach Fanatic

Born liar is more like it.

18. Born&Bread

Born&Bread Beach Lover

Your right about no one owning below the MHWL. So what makes you be able to claim it over a vendor? I have seen 30 on the vendors 50 percent of public beach but never close to 80. 90 percernt of all commerical chairs are on private beach.

19. Born&Bread

Born&Bread Beach Lover

Is that directed towards me bud?

20. Born&Bread

Born&Bread Beach Lover

Here is some numbers for you guys. I am behind a study to produce numbers for a private group. On July 4th there were just under 10,000 commercial beach set ups on Walton county beaches. Less then 7 percent were on less than 50 percent of county owned beach. Most of the empty chairs you guys are seeing are actually on private contracted beaches. If you want to see less empty set ups on the beach try starting on private beaches because they have the most. If you want to go even farther a beach set up takes less then five feet. We have 26 miles of beaches. Do the math. Not to mention most places have mutiple rows in a smaller area. Guy commerical beach chairs take up less than 1/3 of our beaches.